Buck Atom’s Cosmic Curios – October 3, 2019

Martin Hash

Buck Atom’s Cosmic Curios – October 3, 2019

Post by Martin Hash » Tue May 19, 2020 2:24 pm

Mary Beth Babcock s.jpg

Have you ever had that feeling when you walk into a place and know the universe has aligned with you. It’s a rare event that I usually only find at comic book stores and science fiction conventions, but it struck like lightening on Route 66 at Buck Atom's Cosmic Curios in Tulsa, Oklahoma. I could tell just by the outside that the converted 1950s gas station was going to be a gem, but inside was even better than I could of imagined. The owner, Mary Beth Babcock wanted to be there, and you could tell that the whole place was a reflection of her personality, from the neon décor to the 21'-tall Buck Atom's Muffler Man in parking lot, which she had made from scratch. She was so excited, it was infectious. Every minute I spent in the shop was like a kid in a playland. There was so much stuff to buy, including a fabulous Buck Atom's bobble-head, baseball cap, lapel pin, drinking cup & refrigerator magnet, but my best purchase by far were folk art statues, named “Mr. & Mrs. Robot.”

Buck Atom's Tchotchkes 2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change