Buck Atom’s Cosmic Curios – October 3, 2019

Martin Hash
Nuke

Buck Atom’s Cosmic Curios – October 3, 2019

Post by Martin Hash » Tue May 19, 2020 2:24 pm

Mary Beth Babcock s.jpg

Have you ever had that feeling when you walk into a place and know the universe has aligned with you. It’s a rare event that I usually only find at comic book stores and science fiction conventions, but it struck like lightening on Route 66 at Buck Atom's Cosmic Curios in Tulsa, Oklahoma. I could tell just by the outside that the converted 1950s gas station was going to be a gem, but inside was even better than I could of imagined. The owner, Mary Beth Babcock wanted to be there, and you could tell that the whole place was a reflection of her personality, from the neon décor to the 21'-tall Buck Atom's Muffler Man in parking lot, which she had made from scratch. She was so excited, it was infectious. Every minute I spent in the shop was like a kid in a playland. There was so much stuff to buy, including a fabulous Buck Atom's bobble-head, baseball cap, lapel pin, drinking cup & refrigerator magnet, but my best purchase by far were folk art statues, named “Mr. & Mrs. Robot.”

Buck Atom's Tchotchkes 2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don't propagate lies
What time is it? 1984
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change
Mr. Wysdom
Libertyist
Scimonoce
Nonpartisan
Prof. Education