McDonald's Museum – October 10, 2019

Martin Hash

McDonald's Museum – October 10, 2019

Post by Martin Hash » Tue May 05, 2020 11:54 am

Every day for years, my wife, Gwynne, and I go to McDonald's in the morning for coffee, a sausage burrito & parfait. We often pick places to stay where there's a McDonald's close enough by that we can walk. While traveling in the car long distances, I like to get up early in the morning and plot our first stop a McDonald's, and sometimes the second place too. We especially like old, unremodeled buildings with the original Golden Arches out front. We also have maybe a 1000 McDonald's toys collected over decades for grandkids that hadn't appeared yet. With this McDonald's mania in mind, imagine our excitement to go to the original McDonald's, which is now a museum. It's not even owned by the McDonald's corporation. Also, the private owner says he's never bought any of the items on display; they were all given to him by McDonald's fans, even playground equipment.

Gwynne with McDonald's-Go-Round s.JPG

Each display case showed the McDonald's Happy Meal toys for each country, and many of the visitors who came in while we were there were foreigners. What was amazing was that the owner would guess their nationality then speak to them in their own language, I presume something about McDonald's. Everybody he did this answered by in their own language completely surprised, and the owner kept speaking in their language! Either he was totally fluent or everybody said the same thing and he only had to memorize the answers. We thoroughly enjoyed the visit, and I spent at least an hour looking around and taking pictures of all the things I'd like to collect myself, but the highlight was walking away with a McDonald's shot glass.

McDonald's Shot Glass s.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change