Grand Canyon National Park

Martin Hash

Grand Canyon National Park

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:02 am

South Entrance.jpg

There’s a feeling of drama when entering one of the really famous National Parks, like the Grand Canyon; the same childish anticipation kids have for Disneyland. My wife, Gwynne, and I have been to the Grand Canyon before, taking our family on river-rafting down the Colorado, but this time was to actually see the canyon from the famous rim location, and get our National Parks passport stamped and to write this tidbit.

Grand Canyon Passport Stamp.jpg

Gwynne was able to buy a Senior Citizens Entry Pass for both of us this year and it paid for itself many times over this year alone, but that didn’t make the line of cars to get in any shorter. The park itself was just as busy, with a line of people waiting just to talk to a ranger.

Waiting for Ranger.JPG

The Rim Trail was terrific. Not only was the view terrific; like what you see on the postcards, but it was paved well enough for wheelchairs and the frail, there was an extensive bus service for people who didn’t want to walk. We only did the Mather Point portion of the full 14-mile length. It was stunningly beautiful; however, I told Gwynne, “We don’t need to come back until it’s with grandkids.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change