Montenegro

Martin Hash

Montenegro

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:53 pm

The last time I traveled in the Southern Mediterranean, Yugoslavia was still a country, so I was curious to stop in Montenegro. The first thing I noticed is that it’s a series of villages built at the foot of mountains that drop right into the sea. There were also rusting military vessels, probably long occupants of the manmade caves hidden along sheer cliff faces; were they WW2 or Cold War era? Kotor, where we stopped, had 12 construction cranes clustered along the beach. I wondered who was moving into all those buildings, and why none of the cranes were operating on a Monday.

Blue Cave, Kotor.JPG

My wife, Gwynne, and I had chartered a speed boat out to the remote Blue Cave to go swimming. We lay luxuriating on the sunning couch in the back of the craft for the long ride. I was so comfortable I almost fell asleep, even with the boat jumping and the wind blowing through us. The Blue Cave was nothing special so we pulled up anchor and headed to Maslina Beach where we drank Tuborg beer and Gwynne had an ice cream.

Martin Drinking Tuborg.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change