Pucusama Hashing

Martin Hash

Pucusama Hashing

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:10 am

Pucusama Harbor 2.jpg

When you get a chance to Hash (just a coincidence that a running club is named after me), you should take it. The Lima Hashing group is always welcoming to my wife, Gwynne, and myself, and there are usually English-speakers, either locally, or fellow guest Hashers. Pucusama, Peru was unusual in that, besides the quaint bayside town, there was a boat ride around an island in the harbor that had penguins. Gwynne always loves to see penGywnnes, and in surprise she shouted out, “pinguinos!” when the boat went by them. It was Easter break, so a lot of people were partying on their expensive boats in the crowded bay. Many luxurious homes were built on the myriad of islands and along the beach.

The hike itself consisted of a run around the dusty island (Gwynne & I walked), finally climbing to its Christian cross-adorned peak. The view from there was spectacular, however, the most impressive part of the whole trip was a little cove fed by a narrow channel that allowed crashing ocean water to flood in and out with the tide. Unbelievably, the ramshackle hotels and restaurants around the cove were rundown that seemed hardly crowded; the little haven did have a lot of swimmers though.

Cross Shadow.jpg
Cove.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change