Cajamarca, Peru

Martin Hash

Cajamarca, Peru

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:32 pm

Gwynne at Overlook s.jpg

My son's Peruvian wife visited Cajamarca, named in her native Incan tongue of Quechua, with her family when she was a little girl, and now that she has her own family, she wanted to visit it again, a 90 minutes flight from Lima. We had no sleep from the night before but we immediately started exploring the city. The city is noted for its artisans, and we saw many bizarre statues.

Suckling Baby.JPG
Squeezing Nipple.jpg
Pouring Water.jpg
Grapes.jpg
Lion.jpg

It was 48 hours before we got to our room; my wife, Gwynne, and I were exhausted by this time but, unfortunately, the door lock broke with me inside and Gwynne on the outside. Eventually a maintenance man climbed through the 3rd floor window and pried the thing open, I got out, and we changed rooms, which was a good thing because the toilet didn’t flush in that broken room, and Gwynne got a 24-hour stomach flu, probably from the cuy (guinea pig) liver we had earlier in the day, or maybe there was a toadstool in the mushroom ceviche? A working toilet is a life-saver in that situation.

Broken Lock.jpg
Cuy Liver.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change