Peruvian Sushi

Martin Hash

Peruvian Sushi

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:05 pm

Sushi Restaurant.jpg
Every time I’ve had sushi in Peru, it’s been a surprise. It’s as if they’ve only seen pictures of sushi and have to guess what’s inside. The overhead music contributes to the oddness: “Oh, oh, oh, it’s magic” in English, and a remix of “Slim Shady.” Even the soy sauce is weird, and the deep-fried rolls have an odd texture. My son, Haven, likes the strangeness even though he grew up eating American sushi, and has had sushi around the world. His pure-blood Incan wife, Mirian, on the other hand, had never had sushi before she met Haven, though it's not that different from ceviche, raw fish in lemon water, which she does like.
Saki.jpg
I always order whatever I've never had before; in this case: a ceviche roll with fish sauce on top which was the House special; “Parma” with Parmesan cheese on top, of course; Spicy tuna with plum sauce, and the Saki, which did taste the same, came dressed like a tropical drink which Haven & my wife, Gwynne, said made it taste better. I’d still rather eat weird sushi than no sushi, but I could definitely pick Peruvian sushi out in a blind taste-test. Mirian brought in kumquats into the restaurants and that's what she ate. However, she was fine with letting my grandson, Felix, have all the sushi he wanted.

Kumquats.jpg
Felix & Sushi.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change