Inca Heritage

Martin Hash

Inca Heritage

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:12 am

Felix at the Airport.JPG

My half-Incan grandchild has a lot of heritage and we didn’t waste any time getting his exploration started. Peru has a long history of megalithic habitation which is slowly being made accessible. We started Felix small; local ruins in the Lima zoo then, before Felix was 5 months old, a more ambitious trip in a jet to Tarapoto. My son, Haven, Felix's father, proudly told me, “there were people crying on the plane but they weren't Felix.”
Felix on Airplane.JPG
From there, access to sites high in the Andes is pretty much limited to small commuter planes that can't even guarantee a flight because the thick mists make landing incredibly dangerous. The flights aren't expensive but you may not leave for a while. You have to appear at the departure time then wait for hours through the delays until attempts for the day are canceled. We waited through a couple cycles then got lucky and flew to ChaChapoyas where we toured and went to the Plaza. From there, after a hairpin turn bus ride, we took a gondola up to see the ancient Kuelap ruins, though we did have to walk a few kilometers with Felix to get there.

Mirian, Felix's full-blooded Incan mother, speaks Quechua, the Incan language. She doesn't speak English, and had never traveled before she met Haven. In fact, she had never ridden a horse, and certainly never flown in an airplane. She was very interested in her heritage, and we would go everywhere touristy, though not like American tourism; this was just everyday life to these people, and we happened to be walking by. So, it was bizarre but not surprising that the first gift Mirian bought Felix was a Spiderman bouncy balloon. She had no suitcase, not that the balloon would fit anyway, and the planes were incredibly cramped, but she dragged that balloon around from place to place. A bouncy balloon? For a 4 month old who doesn't know who Spiderman is? Obviously, she was buying a first gift for herself.

Felix Gift.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

DBTrek

Re: Inca Heritage

Post by DBTrek » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:18 am

Went to recapture my Incan heritage.
Came back with a Spider-Man balloon.

:think:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:52 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:12 am
Felix at the Airport.JPG

My half-Incan grandchild has a lot of heritage and we didn’t waste any time getting his exploration started.

Cultural appropriation....you're grandchild isn't pure enough to claim Incan heritage...

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:55 am

Zlaxer ‘bout to learn the folly of attacking a child I suspect.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:10 am

Because my son presumably inherited my .2% Native Americanism, that would make Felix 50.1% Even the Indian Nations recognize that.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:44 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:55 am
Zlaxer ‘bout to learn the folly of attacking a child I suspect.

Not my rules....SJW rules....Martin Jr. Jr. hasn't apologized for or acknowledged his white privilege...thus...he's guilty of white sin....You're not allowed to be associated with any heritage if you have white sin.