Bathroom Exhibition (2016)

Martin Hash

Bathroom Exhibition (2016)

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:55 pm

It may not seem obvious until you think about it but taking care of business is one of the Big Three of Travel: eat, sleep, toidy-time. I heard a story from my Overland driver about a passenger he had that so shy about pooping that he took Imodium, anti-diarrhea medication, for over a month before having to be dropped off at a hospital in some godforsaken ex-Soviet satellite for impacted bowels. Ouch! Whatever modesty you think you have, well, forget that, by month 6 or 7 you get so you can recognize your fellow travelers just from seeing their bare bum. It's not like you go skinny-dipping or anything, it's just that close-quarters and limited time & facilities make nudity secondary to convenience.
Well Bath (Tbilisi, Georgia).jpg
Shrine Piss (Masouleh, Iran).JPG
However, some people are more cavalier than others: our Brazilian friend, Roberto, a hunk to begin with, was a little quick to pull his pants off. More than once he used the village well to bath in while children waited with containers to fill for their household water. While we were in Iran, he didn't notice that the post he was urinating on was an Islamic shrine that people put money into for the poor. Also, Roberto sat in the back of the truck so he could jump out the Emergency Exit door at the pee stops, and if there wasn't a pee stop, he'd save plastic bottles. I was always suspicious of half-filled pop bottles rolling around on the floor. Don't get me wrong, I myself could give a damn who saw what, but I only had to use the bottle trick on a couple occasions. It's times like that you thank god you're a guy.
Pee Line (Iran).JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change