True Blue Resort (Grenada)

Martin Hash

True Blue Resort (Grenada)

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:17 am

The place we lived in Grenada, True Blue Resort, named after the bay it caressed, was an eclectic mix of building styles & colors, no theme, kinda like us; my wife, Gwynne & I. We lived in Indigo 11, after the color of the building. Our room overlooked the Atlantic ocean; we were told the tide would take you to the shores of Venezuela, less than 20 miles away. Remarkably, we had a bathtub, perhaps the only one on the island; my favorite bit of serendipity from a serendipitous experience. A Reflecting Pool was right outside our door, overlooking the bay.
Our Room.jpg
Reflecting Pool.jpg
Breakfast was included just for us, no other longterm guest got that privilege. I loved that time of day, the sun coming up on the horizon, perfect weather summer or winter, a tropical island fruit buffet with a rotating menu, as reflected in my increasing waistline. Gwynne was well-liked by the staff; she would participate in daily yoga and other guest activities. When we went back to visit 2 years later, they all remembered her very fondly, and even called the hospital to talk to her favorite cook, Mega, who was very ill. True Blue had a dock and offered free Hobie Cats, wake boards, snorkeling gear, and mermaid tails (?). We regularly attended Wednesday Wing Night that included BBQ chicken, cheap beer & live reggae bands. Occasionally, there were dinner parties that the resort sponsored and we were invited, along with other interesting guests aplenty. I often said to Gwynne that this had to be the high point of our lives: how could it possibly get any better than this? Unfortunately, that means it's all downhill from here.
Mega.JPG
Mermaids.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

DrYouth

Re: True Blue Resort (Grenada)

Post by DrYouth » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:29 am

Seems like you are setting up the Downhill part of the story...

Does that come next?

Or is this a Prequel to the Silk Road chapter?
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:48 am

Grenada was 2012-13
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:58 am

I request dates on your tidbits entries.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty