Adventure (Grenada)

Martin Hash

Adventure (Grenada)

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:58 am

Grenada is a great place to visit, and my wife, Gwynne & I, lived there. My kids, Heath & Heather, came to visit, which gave us an excuse to see all the things we'd heard about but hadn't yet visited. The island doesn't have public bus service; instead, like many places in the world, private minivans prowl the streets, a barker yelling out of the open van door at any walkers. Remarkably, also like many places in the world without public transportation, there aren't a lot of walkers? I can only surmise the private minivan idea works. Another side benefit is that you can rent a van and driver for the day to take you all around the island, which is what we did.
Gwynne & Heath Waterfall.jpg
Water Slide small.JPG
It was certainly action-packed: tubing, climbing & jumping off waterfalls. There was a tall natural rock water-slide that was absolutely scary. You could certainly die and no one was around to even find your body. There was also a natural hot springs filled with absolutely disgusting looking & feeling gold algae. Again, nobody there. For a while we hung our feet into a lake so little fish can eat the dead cells off, and wild monkeys climb all over you. It wasn't a tourist attraction: nobody wanted money to take your photo with a money on your head, it just wanted a banana.
Hot Springs small.JPG
Grand Etan Monkeys small.jpg
It was a long day of action-packed adventure, and cheap. It seems unlikely any of the places we went to could survive any large amount of tourism, which is probably why they've never been developed as such. There are other places in the world with similar offerings but not so close together, nor varied.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change