Bullfighting

C-Mag

Re: Bullfighting

Post by C-Mag » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:52 pm

Montegriffo wrote:If you can't see how defending a country's right to torture animals is the same as defending abuse of animals then I can't help you.
And nobody is defending the mistreatment of humans so just drop that bullshit argument already.
The difference between us seems to be that you can only defend the sanctity of human life whereas I can defend the sanctity of both human and animal life.
Oh really, are you out there marching for plight of lab mice in the UK. We Westerners commonly subject rodents to all sorts of torturous deaths.

I submit to you that fighting dogs is no less cruel that breeding dogs with crippling problems because humans like the looks of them. That trapping a dog in an urban environment is daily torture of the animal.
That breeding a tiny dog just so some rich bitch can have it as a purse ornament is animal cruelty.

But you don't think about that shit do you. There is nobility in these dogs that fight to the death, and more natural than being trapped in a concrete city scape their entire lives.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:55 pm

So now you know what I think?
I am opposed to all of the above and you are still arguing that two wrongs make a right.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:02 pm

I'm a fan of bullfighting.

Spanish heritage from my Dad.

It's like combing ballet and ultimate fighting with a half ton creature as well as equestrian and swordsmanship skills.

What's not to love?

Cattle get treated like shit at factory farms, at least these creatures have the honour of the fight.

Who's rooting for the animals at the factory farm? Monte?

At least don't knock it until you've seen it live.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:13 pm

The look on Martin's daughter's face pretty well tells me all I need to know about seeing it for one's self.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:16 pm

DrYouth wrote:I'm a fan of bullfighting.

Spanish heritage from my Dad.

It's like combing ballet and ultimate fighting with a half ton creature as well as equestrian and swordsmanship skills.

What's not to love?

Cattle get treated like shit at factory farms, at least these creatures have the honour of the fight.

Who's rooting for the animals at the factory farm? Monte?

At least don't knock it until you've seen it live.
Me. I'm rooting for the animals in a factory farm. It's part of the reason I don't eat meat.
You are making the same poor argument that Carlus is making ie there are other bad things happening to animals therefore bullfighting is OK.
Would it be OK to say Stalin killed far more people than Hitler therefore the holocaust is OK?
Don't knock ISIS public beheadings until you've seen one live.
Last edited by Montegriffo on Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:16 pm

@ Speaker

That's probably about the Pisco...

Have you ever tried Pisco... it's gross.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:19 pm

Montegriffo wrote:So now you know what I think?
I am opposed to all of the above and you are still arguing that two wrongs don't make a right.
No, but Three Left's Do :idea: :D
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:36 pm

Montegriffo wrote: Me. I'm rooting for the animals in a factory farm. It's part of the reason I don't eat meat.
You are making the same poor argument that Carlus is making ie there are other bad things happening to animals therefore bullfighting is OK.
Would it be OK to say Stalin killed far more people than Hitler therefore the holocaust is OK?
Factory farming is bad for animals and people.
The meat is riddled with antibiotics and nutritionally lacking.
The factory farm workers and the animals are both demoralized.

Cultural events are historic and bring cultural richness.
Their is honour in the ritualized struggle.

The two aren't equivalents.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:54 pm

Support Minoan bull jumping.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:16 pm

Terrible practices in factory farming don't make bullfighting OK. Cultural ''enrichment'' does not excuse animal abuse. Even factory farms have strict rules about the humane despatching of cattle. The bull in a bull fight is deliberately wounded and its death is strung out for the entertainment of the crowd. I doubt very much that the bull sees the ''honour'' in its slow and painful death. I imagine it is just terrified. While nature itself can be cruel and uncaring I would hope that civilised nations could rise above this kind of animal abuse for entertainment.
Spain, until very recently had the tradition of throwing live goats from the tower of a church. It was banned in 2000.

Spain has a tradition of mistreating its animals
http://globalanimalwelfare.org/top-10-a ... -in-spain/
If recent events around the brutality of the police against Catalonia's independance referendum are anything to go by it could be argued that violence against animals can be a window into how humans can be treated in these same countries.