Bullfighting

Montegriffo

Re: Bullfighting

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:51 am

C-Mag wrote:
heydaralon wrote:I'm very against dogfighting and cockfighting. It just seems pointless. I eat meat and will continue to do so. Personally, I believe that if a human kills an animal, it should either be in self defense, or the animal should be put to use (ie: eaten, body parts used to make tools or clothes etc). I don't think we should declare war on Latin America or Asia for their animal cruelty, but I would draw a distinction between hunting and animal harming sports. I realize this is not an airtight belief system on my part, but it is the way I feel. Although it is arbitrary, I would draw a distinction between dogs and cats (western pet animals) and livestock, despite many farm animals being just as intelligent. I realize this is a cultural thing, but it is something I feel strongly about. People who mistreat and abuse cats and dogs are pieces of shit. They are sort of taking advantage of the animals relative domestication and trust of humans and abusing that power. Its grotesque to me.
Animal exhibitions are pretty pointless, it's all bragging rights and someone figuring out how to turn a buck off it. Are Dog Fights less offensive than dog racing, or locking dogs in a purely urban environment or breeding dogs for appearance at the cost of the health of the animal. Dog fighting is brutal and in your face, but I would submit to you other forms of animal entertainment are not much better.
Again with the either/or arguments. You cannot defend dog fights or bull fighting so you point out other forms of entertainment which are less than perfect. None of your arguments has directly defended bull fighting, you merely deflect the debate to other examples of mans inhumanity to animals as if that makes mistreating dogs, cock fighting or bullrings acceptable.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:12 am

Montegriffo wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
heydaralon wrote:I'm very against dogfighting and cockfighting. It just seems pointless. I eat meat and will continue to do so. Personally, I believe that if a human kills an animal, it should either be in self defense, or the animal should be put to use (ie: eaten, body parts used to make tools or clothes etc). I don't think we should declare war on Latin America or Asia for their animal cruelty, but I would draw a distinction between hunting and animal harming sports. I realize this is not an airtight belief system on my part, but it is the way I feel. Although it is arbitrary, I would draw a distinction between dogs and cats (western pet animals) and livestock, despite many farm animals being just as intelligent. I realize this is a cultural thing, but it is something I feel strongly about. People who mistreat and abuse cats and dogs are pieces of shit. They are sort of taking advantage of the animals relative domestication and trust of humans and abusing that power. Its grotesque to me.
Animal exhibitions are pretty pointless, it's all bragging rights and someone figuring out how to turn a buck off it. Are Dog Fights less offensive than dog racing, or locking dogs in a purely urban environment or breeding dogs for appearance at the cost of the health of the animal. Dog fighting is brutal and in your face, but I would submit to you other forms of animal entertainment are not much better.
Again with the either/or arguments. You cannot defend dog fights or bull fighting so you point out other forms of entertainment which are less than perfect. None of your arguments has directly defended bull fighting, you merely deflect the debate to other examples of mans inhumanity to animals as if that makes mistreating dogs, cock fighting or bullrings acceptable.

I'm not trying to defend any Animal fights......... I do defend cultures traditions to pursue these events or do away with them as they choose.

What I'm not deflecting, I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of people that are shocked by animal fights, but don't have less passion for cruelty to man or the cruelty to animals through accepted forms of animal entertainment.

I've told you a couple times I've seen them and they are fucking brutal, how is that a defense of it ? I never once said, yeah, but they mean well and they use the meat of the dead animal to feed the needy. I give 2 fucks if Latinos want to do this. I also think eating whales is fucking stupid and unnecessary, but I'm not going all Green Peace to stop the Nippons either.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:18 am

I'm not defending the holocaust but I do defend the right of Nazi Germany to deal with their minorities as they choose
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:38 am

C-Mag wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
C-Mag wrote:

I'm not trying to defend any Animal fights......... I do defend cultures traditions to pursue these events or do away with them as they choose.

What I'm not deflecting, I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of people that are shocked by animal fights, but don't have less passion for cruelty to man or the cruelty to animals through accepted forms of animal entertainment.

I've told you a couple times I've seen them and they are fucking brutal, how is that a defense of it ? I never once said, yeah, but they mean well and they use the meat of the dead animal to feed the needy. I give 2 fucks if Latinos want to do this. I also think eating whales is fucking stupid and unnecessary, but I'm not going all Green Peace to stop the Nippons either.
Well I've not said I'm happy with cruelty to man or cruelty to animals in other forms of ''entertainment'' so accusations of hypocrisy wash off like water off a ducks back.
I'm not asking you to join greenpeace or protest outside a bullring. I would simply be happy with an admission that torturing animals for entertainment is wrong no matter how long a nation's culture and traditions have supported it.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:41 am

Montegriffo wrote:
I'm not defending the holocaust but I do defend the right of Nazi Germany to deal with their minorities as they choose

Oh, DAMN !
You just went Godwin................ you know that's just admitting you are out of arguments.

:clap: :dance: :clap: :dance: :clap:
PLATA O PLOMO

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:49 am

C-Mag wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:

Oh, DAMN !
You just went Godwin................ you know that's just admitting you are out of arguments.

Not really, I'm just pointing out the double standards of your statement.
If you consider that a win and an end to the debate then good for you, well done you have successfully argued in favour of cruelty to animals.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:18 am

To be fair, Hitler would probably gas people who are cruel to dogs. He did have a soft spot for his furry friends.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:25 am

Montegriffo wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:

Oh, DAMN !

Not really, I'm just pointing out the double standards of your statement.
If you consider that a win and an end to the debate then good for you, well done you have successfully argued in favour of cruelty to animals.

That's a bullshit argument.................... I am the one standing up for the sanctity of human life. So comparing me to Hitler Tötung die Juden ist Scheisse.

EDIT:
Note, there is a reason we remember the Hitlers of the world and forget the Sir St. George Gore. Now Gore, was a cruel bastard responsible for countless deaths and cruelty just for fun. But no one knows who the hell he is, the difference is the importance of human life.
PLATA O PLOMO

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:36 pm

If you can't see how defending a country's right to torture animals is the same as defending abuse of animals then I can't help you.
And nobody is defending the mistreatment of humans so just drop that bullshit argument already.
The difference between us seems to be that you can only defend the sanctity of human life whereas I can defend the sanctity of both human and animal life.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:43 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:To be fair, Hitler would probably gas people who are cruel to dogs. He did have a soft spot for his furry friends.
Right up to the point he tested the strength of the poison Eva was to take on his beloved dog Blondi.