Bullfighting

Fife

Re: Bullfighting

Post by Fife » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:10 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Fife wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:I never said we are ''just'' animals. What raises us above other animals is our humanity. You appear to have little of it.
Who are you addressing? Speak plainly.
I was addressing Carlus but you interupted our conversation making it appear I was addressing you.

Sorry m8. Pls continue pissing off.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:11 pm

The bull may not have had a chance but it went out fighting. For a bull, that was pretty White.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:20 pm

I have to agree that post-modern American life is almost all just ersatz combat. Lo-risk or zero-risk hooey. Crapola, and hence, here we all are.

I think the DCF poster I miss the most here (sorry Harry and trech, I still write your imaginary responses in my mind most every day anyway) is Glas..... (I can't spell out his full name, but I think it was a kraut name for a glass-blower). Anybody know what his latest adventure is about?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:30 pm

Glass bead game. Goddammit, Fife, how have you not read Hess?

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:37 pm

My kraut speak is weak, obviously. I never made the connection, even as much as I liked reading his posts. Now I miss him even more.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:39 pm

Did you read just Siddhartha? It's a novella.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:45 pm

Glasperlenspiel
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:59 pm

No shit Sherlock. At least you spoke his name; maybe he will now appear out of some spook-contract IP address in the South Pacific.

:goteam: :drunk:

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:32 pm

Fife wrote:Animal =/= Human

One doesn't have to make some "animals and humans are just the same" hippy-dippy acid-trip fuck-yo-couch leap to make a personal judgment that bullfighting is not a good thing to engage with.

The market is more than capable of dealing with this issue. No state pearl clutching is needed. Give it a little time, and all these filthy latinos will be doing their abuse on the xbox, or whatever you all call it now.
I have no problem with the market if it decides time has done away with the slaughter. We Americans are not going to be seeing Bullfighting in the LA Coliseum any time soon. If Latinos continue the slaughter and it remains the entertainment of choice for filthy rich polymath's I'm good with that ;)
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:35 pm

Montegriffo wrote:I never said we are ''just'' animals. What raises us above other animals is our humanity. You appear to have little of it.
Oh, I have plenty enough humanity to find human life sacred and more valuable than mud darter or Cecil the Lion or a my dog. Let's not start talking humanity in America, because were are a country that proves time and again we don't give a fuck for humanity compared to the outrage over a fucking lion being legally shot by a dentist.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience