Bullfighting

User avatar
Martin Hash
Haumana
Posts: 14652
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:02 pm

Bullfighting

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:08 am

My family was in Lima, Peru, so of course we had to attend the third oldest bullfighting ring in the world, the oldest outside Spain. I feel compelled to begin by stating it was a terribly uncomfortable experience but everyone else there seemed to be thoroughly enjoying themselves. There was synchronized horsemanship, a band, anticipation, and almost but not quite cruelty.

BullFighting 2.JPG
Bullfight video

The bull charged time after time, against numerous matadors, even men on horseback with spears. The audience shouted “Ole! Ole! Ole!” each pass, breaking out in tremendous applause when the bull had achieved some kind of milestone. The bull was going to die but its death was respected by the audience, and dignified in a warped kind of perspective. In fact, when the matador delayed killing the bull at its end, the crowd was irritated and started whistling. Apparently, there is a line between entertainment & torture. Finally, even though it only seems like mercy in relationship to the transpiring events, the matador shoved a sword between the bull’s shoulders into its heart... Thank god.

My daughter, Heather, a vegetarian, after her forth or fifth Chilcano, a Peruvian pisco-based alcoholic drink, said, “I don’t have a drinking problem, I have a humanity problem.”
Heather 2 small.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don't propagate lies
What time is it? 1984
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change
Mr. Wysdom
Libertyist
Scimonoce
Nonpartisan
Prof. Education

User avatar
Montegriffo
Haumana
Posts: 18636
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:14 am

Re: Bullfighting

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:39 pm

Substitute the bull for a horse or a dog and then explain how this is not barbaric. Torturing animals for entertainment is how serial killers get started. Tradition is no excuse. Fox hunting was banned despite a long tradition and so should bull torturing, I won't dignify it by calling it bull fighting as that implies the bull has a fighting chance.
There should be a lottery system whereby members of the audience are called down to "fight" the bull. These cowardly fucks would stay at home and the practice would die out overnight.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.
Image

User avatar
Speaker to Animals
Zlaxer
Posts: 38532
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:59 pm

Re: Bullfighting

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:46 pm

I want to bring back the Minoan games where dudes would jump over the bulls and do stunts like that while the bulls tried to murder them.


User avatar
C-Mag
Haumana
Posts: 24698
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:48 pm

Re: Bullfighting

Post by C-Mag » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:59 pm

Montegriffo wrote:Substitute the bull for a horse or a dog and then explain how this is not barbaric. Torturing animals for entertainment is how serial killers get started. Tradition is no excuse. Fox hunting was banned despite a long tradition and so should bull torturing, I won't dignify it by calling it bull fighting as that implies the bull has a fighting chance.
There should be a lottery system whereby members of the audience are called down to "fight" the bull. These cowardly fucks would stay at home and the practice would die out overnight.

Oh, I've been to Bullfights, Cock Fights and Dog Fights. No more barbaric than what people do to each other every day. Plus, they are just animals. It's a Spanish/Latin tradition, that echos off the walls of the Roman Coliseum. I'm not going to tell other folks they need to stop their traditions in their own country. Slaughter away you Latin American Barbarians, I love you for it.
PLATA O PLOMO


Image


Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

User avatar
Speaker to Animals
Zlaxer
Posts: 38532
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:59 pm

Re: Bullfighting

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:02 pm

It's fucking barbaric.

Support your local Minoan bull jumpers.

User avatar
Montegriffo
Haumana
Posts: 18636
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:14 am

Re: Bullfighting

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:30 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:Substitute the bull for a horse or a dog and then explain how this is not barbaric. Torturing animals for entertainment is how serial killers get started. Tradition is no excuse. Fox hunting was banned despite a long tradition and so should bull torturing, I won't dignify it by calling it bull fighting as that implies the bull has a fighting chance.
There should be a lottery system whereby members of the audience are called down to "fight" the bull. These cowardly fucks would stay at home and the practice would die out overnight.

Oh, I've been to Bullfights, Cock Fights and Dog Fights. No more barbaric than what people do to each other every day. Plus, they are just animals. It's a Spanish/Latin tradition, that echos off the walls of the Roman Coliseum. I'm not going to tell other folks they need to stop their traditions in their own country. Slaughter away you Latin American Barbarians, I love you for it.
So you support the tradition of stoning adulterers to death in Saudi Arabia or is it only barbaric practises against animals you approve of? A civilisation can be judged on it's treatment of animals.
Would you put your own dog into a pit to fight to the death?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.
Image

K@th
PartyOf5
Posts: 3513
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:39 am

Re: Bullfighting

Post by K@th » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:32 pm

I hope you don't have pets Carlus. Btw... Humans are animals.
Account abandoned.

User avatar
C-Mag
Haumana
Posts: 24698
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:48 pm

Re: Bullfighting

Post by C-Mag » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:34 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:Substitute the bull for a horse or a dog and then explain how this is not barbaric. Torturing animals for entertainment is how serial killers get started. Tradition is no excuse. Fox hunting was banned despite a long tradition and so should bull torturing, I won't dignify it by calling it bull fighting as that implies the bull has a fighting chance.
There should be a lottery system whereby members of the audience are called down to "fight" the bull. These cowardly fucks would stay at home and the practice would die out overnight.

Oh, I've been to Bullfights, Cock Fights and Dog Fights. No more barbaric than what people do to each other every day. Plus, they are just animals. It's a Spanish/Latin tradition, that echos off the walls of the Roman Coliseum. I'm not going to tell other folks they need to stop their traditions in their own country. Slaughter away you Latin American Barbarians, I love you for it.
So you support the tradition of stoning adulterers to death in Saudi Arabia or is it only barbaric practises against animals you approve of? A civilisation can be judged on it's treatment of animals.
Would you put your own dog into a pit to fight to the death?

I make a distinction between human life and animals. Every human life is important, fuck animals. I've said this many times, I would shoot my own dog before I shot Hitler.
PLATA O PLOMO


Image


Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

User avatar
C-Mag
Haumana
Posts: 24698
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:48 pm

Re: Bullfighting

Post by C-Mag » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:39 pm

Kath wrote:I hope you don't have pets Carlus. Btw... Humans are animals.
I have a dog, that I really like and a barn cat that does a pretty good job for me. Animals and humans are far different, Humans should be elevated above animals every time.
PLATA O PLOMO


Image


Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

User avatar
Montegriffo
Haumana
Posts: 18636
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:14 am

Re: Bullfighting

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:45 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Kath wrote:I hope you don't have pets Carlus. Btw... Humans are animals.
I have a dog, that I really like and a barn cat that does a pretty good job for me. Animals and humans are far different, Humans should be elevated above animals every time.
It's not either or, you can have respect for both humans and animals.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.
Image