Catholic Parade

Martin Hash

Catholic Parade

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:08 pm

I don’t go to church, and I’m not much for pomp & circumstance, but nobody throws a parade like Catholics, and everyone with a purple cape or can play a trombone can join. Large, colorful flower-petal murals cover the streets, and the church is festooned with a 50’ purple ribbon.
Street Art 1.jpg
Street Art 2.jpg
Church.JPG
Every October Sunday, the El Señor de los Milagros, “Lord of Miracles,” parades down every street in the Lima, Peru. The one we saw was a small neighborhood gathering, but the big city squares fill up, especially when Peru’s Cardinal Juan Luis Cipriani Thorne attends. (He has a popular weekly TV program.) The locals have a ho-hum attitude but you can pick out the tourists, cell phones held high, Face-timing to their relatives back home. The parade goes on all day into the night. I can’t imagine it’s the same people all the time? Some band members push suitcases filled with food & drink. These people are dedicated to their parading. America’s parades are just politicians, running events & protest marches.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

K@th

Re: Catholic Parade

Post by K@th » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:26 pm

We never had parades when I was a Catholic. Lots of Las Vegas Night fundraisers, though. They were fun.
Account abandoned.