Dr. TV

Martin Hash

Dr. TV

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:04 am

I like to watch TV in far away lands. In some respects they are just like home; if you couldn't hear them talking, you'd think it was a show your mom watches, except if you pay attention then they become bizarre. For example, a flat screen TV mounted on the wall of a public building was playing a reality medical show, “Dr. TV,” consisting, it seemed, of a photogenic doctor in scrubs, a prospective, anxious patient, and a snappily-dressed surgeon.
Dr. TV 1.jpg
I did a stint in Surgery during Medical School, and it was not something I was attracted to, but if it had been like what I saw on TV; fast, no blood, and no smell of loose bowels, I might have pursued it further. The patient apparently had a large tumor in her abdomen, and the show somehow mimicked her experience. First, a Star Trek-like effect “scanned” the patient, and the words “No Cancer” appeared on the TV screen. Already I was feeling relieved. Then the three of them walked over to a body-sized sheet-covered lump laying on a gurney, and seriously folded back the sheet at abdomen level. The doctor and surgeon stretched on their gloves. OMG, I worried for a moment the lump was a bum and they were going to do a DRE, but The surgeon took a scalpel and expertly cut open a plastic abdomen. The doctor then lifted a large clear bag, seemingly filled with what looked like chicken parts, from within the opening, and carefully set it on a table. They all earnestly looked at the bag of fatty meat. A video started of a supposedly real abdominal tumor surgery that was surreal in all aspects, up to and including a huge white tumor that a nurse was barely able to carry away. The audience clapped. I called bullshit but back home I think this might be a hit.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Zlaxer

Re: Dr. TV

Post by Zlaxer » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:57 pm

We used to have surgery on tv, early 90's...

I watched a csection and a vascitmey.....csection was weird, they took the uterus out of the cavity after the kid was removed, and then "cleaned" it out for the patient.....Mmmblahhbbb