Little Old Lady

Martin Hash

Little Old Lady

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:00 am

Local Buses.JPG
When my wife, Gwynne & I, travel, we rarely get a car, occasionally use public transport, but mostly we walk. It’s cheaper, we see more that way, good exercise, and we don’t have to worry about getting off at the wrong stop or cabdriver cheats. Also, local buses are uncomfortably crowded, and can often be stuck in heavy traffic. Walking is actually faster.
Martin Tourist.JPG
While in Lima, Peru, my son, Haven told me about his first time there. He’s proud of his perfect Spanish, so when a taxi stopped next to him and a Little Old Lady asked if he had change for a 20, often a problem in cabs, he was happy to understand what she wanted and comply. When the cab raced off, tires squealing, his suspicions caused him to recognize that the bill the Little Old Lady has given him was a phony, which he kept for me to put in my counterfeit money collection.
Counterfeit Currency.JPG
Walking allows taking pictures of things: a dog-doo sign, Virgin Mary on a pedestal, brothers holding hands. Fending off endless taxi requests can be a drag but the subtle head shake does the trick most of the time. However, there was this one cab that kept following us. I finally turned to see what he wanted. He had a Little Old Lady passenger and she wanted to know if we had change for a 20.
Dog-Doo Sign.JPG
Virgin Mary on a Pedestal.JPG
Brothers Holding Hands.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

de officiis

Re: Little Old Lady

Post by de officiis » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:34 pm

Why am I not surprised that you have a counterfeit currency collection...