Kangaroo Rescue

Martin Hash

Kangaroo Rescue

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:54 am

Where do kangaroos go when they get injured by a roadtrain or their mother gets eaten by aborigines? Well, in Coober Pedy they go to the "Kangaroo Rescue," an unsubsidized, non-profit organization run by a 100% sincere Old Guy & his wife. It's a 24/7 commitment because baby kangaroos take the same amount of attention as human babies, and they have 3 of them. They fund themselves primarily with their gift shop of aboriginal art, opals & old coins. To be honest, I would have bought some old Australian pennies no-matter-what, so I got double feelgoods.
Coober Pedy 5.JPG
They also take donations during kangaroo visiting hours where tourists get to interact with the babies. Because kangaroos can't be released into wild in the Southern Territory of Australia, Old Guy has to drive several hours away to return them to their natural habitat. Except the stupid ones; he says "Ming Ling" is too stupid to come in out of the rain & she cries until his wife rescues her from those nasty raindrops. "Paul," the 8-month old gave my wife, Gwynne, a snog. (That's Aussie-speak for kiss.)
Coober Pedy 4.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change