Syringes on the Beach

Martin Hash

Syringes on the Beach

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:43 pm

Bali is where Australian college students go for Spring Break, primarily to the beaches in Kuta, so my wife, Gwynne & I, were looking forward to some lazy afternoons in the sand. However, our first introduction to the reality was sobering. The narrow street to our hotel was lined with motorcycles, young males lounging on the seats. When I walked by with Gwynne, they were unobtrusive, but when I passed them a little later, alone, it was a whole other atmosphere. Those guys were focused on getting my attention: "hey, you want a woman?" one guy whispered, accompanied by a back-n-forth movement of his hand; another assured me of a "happy ending;" and many attractive young girls yelled out "massage," one even grabbing my hand, hard, trying to pull me inside: "no, no, no," I insisted, "Gwynne!” I yelled, trying to escape unmolested.
Massage Girls.JPG
And what did we find at the beach? Rough waves, piles of garbage, and medical syringes in the surf.
Kuta Beach 2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Montegriffo

Re: Syringes on the Beach

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:50 pm

You are going to have to plant a million trees when you get back to offset your carbon footprint. Enjoy seeing the world while it's still there Martin. :lol:
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:56 pm

I blame Western patriarchy.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:04 pm

Fife wrote:I blame Western patriarchy.
I blame subsidized airlines. I flew to France to visit Dad for one cent once. I never paid more than it cost me to get to the airport and back.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.