Roller Coaster in the Mall

Martin Hash

Roller Coaster in the Mall

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:26 am

The biggest malls I've ever seen are in Malaysia. For example, I'm staying in a one-star flophouse across from the Kuala Lumpur Times Square mall; 11 floors, deep-fried Japanese crab, smoked duck sushi, Kenny Roger's Roaster, Bowling alley, a 7-Eleven on every floor, and there's are a roller coaster on the sides of the 5th Floor level of the atrium. It promotes itself as Malaysia's largest indoor roller coaster, implying there are others...
Times Square Mall Kuala Lumpur 1.JPG
The mall has over 1000 shops, endless escalators, and one of the marble staircases is designed to look like the keys of a piano, so-much-so that when you walk down, notes play according to electronic eyes on each step, in scale, so that going up raises in pitch, and going down sounds like an 8-year old practicing lessons. When you get to the bottom, the floor tiles are pressure-sensitive splotch-art. Cartoony, 15-foot high characters adorn the garage entryways. The food court is massive. Everyplace was decorated for Chinese New Year, and somebody is obviously spraying fruity air-freshener in bathrooms when no one is looking. Plus, lots-n-lots of women wearing hijabs.
Times Square Mall Kuala Lumpur 4.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

de officiis

Re: Roller Coaster in the Mall

Post by de officiis » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:35 am

Where is James Kunstler when we need him?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:00 am

That could be Michigan.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:51 am

Time to ban the habit before western civilisation falls....

For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:54 am

Big difference Monte....one is voluntary , one will get killed if they don't.....

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:08 am

Zlaxer wrote:Big difference Monte....one is voluntary , one will get killed if they don't.....
Both radical faiths who believe in modesty.
I have travelled in Muslim countries and you may be shocked to learn that women are not killed for showing their hair or ankles. You are mistaking extremes for the norm. In Jerusalem a woman is as likely to be shouted at by an orthodox Jew as a Muslim for showing too much skin.
Lets just say all religions are out of date with their moralising attitudes towards women and try to stop being so hypocritical about it.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:17 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Zlaxer wrote:Big difference Monte....one is voluntary , one will get killed if they don't.....
I have travelled in Muslim countries and you may be shocked to learn that women are not killed for showing their hair or ankles. You are mistaking extremes for the norm. In Jerusalem a woman is as likely to be shouted at by an orthodox Jew as a Muslim for showing too much skin.
Lets just say all religions are out of date with their moralising attitudes towards women and try to stop being so hypocritical about it.
Lolz....you really go to great lengths to defend the indefensible.....want me to start posting all the vids from Saudi Arabia? Whens the last time a Western government executed a women for allowing herself to be raped?

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:35 pm

Zlaxer wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
Lolz....you really go to great lengths to defend the indefensible.....want me to start posting all the vids from Saudi Arabia? Whens the last time a Western government executed a women for allowing herself to be raped?
Again you are using the extreme to make your point. Saudi Arabia is not the norm when it comes to Muslims any more than the Lords Resistance Army is the norm when it comes to Christianity.
And don't strawman me, I'm not defending any abhorrent act in the name of any faith just pointing out you shouldn't tar everyone with the same brush when it comes to the acts of fundamentalists. Muslims come in many guises from moderates to extremists and it is dishonest to try and say they all throw gays off rooftops.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:49 pm

Cool post Marty...

How long is this crazy holiday of yours?
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

skankhunt42

Post by skankhunt42 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:03 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Zlaxer wrote:
Montegriffo wrote: Both radical faiths who believe in modesty.
Again you are using the extreme to make your point. Saudi Arabia is not the norm when it comes to Muslims any more than the Lords Resistance Army is the norm when it comes to Christianity.
And don't strawman me, I'm not defending any abhorrent act in the name of any faith just pointing out you shouldn't tar everyone with the same brush when it comes to the acts of fundamentalists. Muslims come in many guises from moderates to extremists and it is dishonest to try and say they all throw gays off rooftops.
Would you rather live in a culture that is majority Muslim or something else? If you picked "Something else" then why are you so hell bent on defending a backwards ideology? Sure, some Muslims might not be as passionate as others about their religion, but if they are still practicing, then they are practicing something that does not work in western culture if it's a majority of the population. If someone wants to practice being a Muslim, let them stay in a Muslim majority nation. Funny how many flee those wonderful bastions.
"just realize that our Welfare states are also propped up by your Warfare. You're not actually defending us from threats, but you are propping us up by fabricating threats to maintain the Perpetual War." - Smitty