Angkor Wat

Martin Hash

Angkor Wat

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:02 pm

Ta Prohm 6.JPG
There are some places in the world that you are just supposed to see: Ephesus, Turkey; Karnak, Egypt; Persepolis, Iran; Machu Picchu, Peru; Petra, Jordan; and Angkor Wat, which is in Cambodia, and famous mostly due to Indiana Jones. Every time I see one of these magnificent millennia old cities of intricately carved stone, I marvel at the society that built them, and what happened to them? I put in my ear buds, music playing loudly, and walk the long, empty hallways, marveling at the amount of effort required just to get the millions of tons of stone from quarries hundred of miles away, let alone the finely detailed carving that must have taken decades to create. To think that these places were "lost" for centuries adds to the mystery.
AngkorThom 1.JPG
My wife, Gwynne, got blessed by a monk, deep inside the Angkor Wat Buddhist temple, and is supposed to wear the woven string bracelet he wrapped around her wrist for a year of good luck. We'll see how that works out...
Ta Prohm 1.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

DrYouth

Re: Angkor Wat

Post by DrYouth » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:27 pm

:shock:

That looks awesome.

Didn't want a monk blessing of your own, Marty?
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:47 pm

No blessings & no massages.

p.s. I did get blessed a lot as a child in the Mormon faith, including a Patriarchal Blessing that told my future!
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:38 am

Did they tell you you would be hosting the survivors of the DCF apocalypser?

I bet that blew your mind.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty