Killing Fields

Martin Hash

Killing Fields

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:48 pm

The Domino Theory was 1960s fear-mongering that excused self-righteous American meddling in the affairs of other nations. Unfortunately, it was also correct in its prophecy, and when the U.S. gave up, the dominoes did fall. In the mid-1980s, the movie "The Killing Fields" came out & it was a sensation. It was yet another Marxist travesty that few people knew anything about because Marxist-sympathizers, particularly in Sweden, were duped. Combine that with the bad taste for Cambodia left over from the Vietnam War, and genocide based on envy & resentment, just like Mao's Cultural Revolution, was allowed to occur yet again. A third of Cambodia's population killed because they lived in cities, had smooth hands, or wore glasses. The Western Nations still recognized Pol Pot & the Khmer Rouge, including a seat at the U.N., for two decades after he was driven from power by Vietnam.
Choeug Ek 3.JPG
Going to the site of the atrocity affected me similar to my visits to Dachau, Rwanda, Armenia, or any other of the places I've visited which have 100s, sometimes 1000s, of bodies buried in mass graves, which is to say, sobering but not surprised. I think this kind of thing is natural, otherwise it would not be so common.
Choeung Ek 2.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Smitty-48

Re: Killing Fields

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:00 pm

Er, but the United States never let the Dominoes fall in Cambodia, first the Americans wrecked Cambodia with a massive bombing campaign, then staged a coup de tat against Prince Sihanouk and installed the dictator Lon Nol, then when that regime was overthrown by the Khmer Rouge, suddenly America switched to supporting the Khmer Rouge, for "stability" as an ostensible "counterwieght" to the Vietnamese, who were the only ones fighting the genocidal scourge of the Khmer Rouge, the fact that Vietnamese Communists were then fighting against American backed Cambodian Communists, rendering the whole Domino Theory an utter absurdity in the first place.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:01 pm

"Domino theory" was an example of how abstract, borderline Orwellian rhetoric, can be quite dangerous to the global community.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:01 pm

He's really got to be regretting letting us in here by now. :lol:
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:16 pm

Go to the Stalingrad bone yard Dan spoke of. I've seen very few pics.