Electric Motorcycles

Martin Hash

Electric Motorcycles

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:01 am

Electric Motorcycles 2 (China).JPG
I was immediately impressed with China's solution to traffic congestion combined with pollution control: electric motorcycles. I know electric motorcycles are a novelty sort of thing in the U.S. but I'd guess way over half the traffic & parking in many Chinese cities is electric motorcycles. The city sidewalks are very wide, with motorcycle riders on one side and pedestrians on the other, but were the sidewalks narrow, it's a free-for-all. I heard from a fellow traveler who had to go to the hospital that the Emergency Room had a special area for pedestrians injured by motorcycles.
Electric Motorcycle 3.JPG
Like everywhere I've seen motorcycles pressed into service as a family's primary transportation, it's not uncommon to see mom, dad & 3 kids on one motorcycle. I didn't see any charging stations so the motorcycle riders must plug them in at home during the night. The cities have snowy winters & rainy summers but that doesn't stop the cyclers. I'd like to see this same solution used in America but our citizens a too big of pussies.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change