Transylvania July 30, 2016

Martin Hash

Transylvania July 30, 2016

Post by Martin Hash » Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:22 am

Transylvania 2.JPG
I've always wanted to go to Transylvania. It's kind of like Timbuktu & Lake Titicaca for name recognition of someplace that might not actually exist. Certainly no vampires but there is Vlad's hometown which is pretty creepy, and the old graveyards are creepy too. Romania itself still has horse-drawn carts & tall haystacks hand-scythed around a pole, all interspersed with new automobiles & modern cities. However, it was still odd seeing a “Bank of Transylvania” sign.
Transylvania.jpg
Vlad's supposed castle in the city of Bran attracted formidable crowds, bordering on Disneyland levels, and the surrounding area consisted of acres of small shops all selling the same vampire t-shirts & plastic teeth. I was able to find some old coins, one dated 1940 and the other 1890! I imagined all the hands they had passed through, and was reminded of he possible apocryphal pseudo-fact that every person alive contains an atom from Aristotle. In the castle was a display showing all the various Dracula movies, which was remarkable in the number, and even more remarkable how many I had seen.
Bran Castle.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change