Star Trek Movies July 29, 2016

Martin Hash

Star Trek Movies July 29, 2016

Post by Martin Hash » Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:10 am

One of the travel stories I tell is when my wife, Gwynne, and I went to see “Star Trek,” the first of the new movies in 2009 while traveling through Africa at a movie theater in Zambia, near Victoria Falls, where a Snickers bar cost more than the movie, the movie was an obvious pirate copy, and we were the only ones there. Still, I love Star Trek so even though they sold bottles of beer in the Snack bar but no bottler openers, we were still good.
Star Trek.JPG
How could I not, when given the choice, repeat that chance while traveling the old Silk Road, and ancient trade route that wound through China & India into Eastern Europe? When Gwynne & I saw the 3rd installment of the new Star Trek movies at a theater in Hungary, we had to go, and we were lucky enough to catch it on opening weekend, in 3D, and for less than the Hungarian equivalent of $3.
3D Glasses.jpg
Again, I was not disappointed: Kirk, Spock & the gang will get my patronage for as long as they make movies. Include the popcorn, and bathroom signs for added entertainment, we'll just have to keep traveling in exotic locales only slightly less foreign than the ones the crew of the Starship Enterprise meet.
Bathroom Sign.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change