Utah State Fair

Martin Hash
Nuke

Utah State Fair

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:39 am

Fairgrounds.JPG

Though I was born in Utah, I’ve never been to the State Fair but I’m excused because I haven’t lived there since I was 6-months old. However, since we happened to be in Salt Lake during showtime, we went. SLC is Mormon but I could still walk around with a beer, otherwise it was as you’d expect if you’re a State Fair goer but with a few unique qualities: there was axe-throwing, a missionaries booth, and I’d never seen a giant butter sculpture before?

Butter Sculpture.JPG

Perhaps the most unique thing we saw was a Beatles tribute band complete with colorful Sergeant Pepper costumes: not one of musicians was under 75, but the singer still hit the notes & jammed the guitar during “Come Together,” and “The End.”

Beattles Cover Band.JPG

We went with my grandson, Felix, pulled in a wagon courtesy of his mother, Marian. Felix was especially impressed by the cow barn: “vaca, vaca, vaca,” he kept saying since Spanish is his first language, and he was enraptured when one starting dropping dung. He also enjoyed petting the sheep.

Mirian Pulling Felix.JPG

I can’t say we’ll ever go to another Utah State fair but I can’t say we won’t either.

I got a picture of the missionaries booth: they gave me a little Jesus pamphlet

“Survival of the Slowest” exhibit.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don't propagate lies
What time is it? 1984
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change
Mr. Wysdom
Libertyist
Scimonoce
Nonpartisan
Prof. Education