Nativity Scenes & Christmas Trees

Martin Hash

Nativity Scenes & Christmas Trees

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:43 pm

Christmas Tree.JPG
I love Christmas. I love that South Americans love Christmas. Their town squares, plazas in Spanish, are filled with Christian pageantry, even the small ones that barely hold a nativity scene. In fact, one of the little places we stopped at to buy an ice cream in Coquimbo, Chile, was just big enough to hold a full-size nativity scene and Christmas tree.

“That's the biggest donkey I've ever seen,” Gwynne commented. “It's bigger than the camel, it's bigger than the horse, that's a big donkey.”
Personally, I didn't care if the donkey was too large; I was amazed that the entire set was mostly to scale; a little worn out but I still got my Christmas jollies and I'm not even a Christian.
While we were standing there, a transperson; I think a man pretending to be a woman who doesn't know how to apply lipstick or comb her hair, must have thought we looked like locals because s/he came up to us with a clipboard asking us to sign a petition... I think, my Spanish doesn't cover Chilean word-slurring, but when he noticed the bewildered looks on our faces, he stormed off muttering something I did understand but I won't repeat here.
Traditions have value: if you grew up with a statue of Baby Jesus in the town plaza then that would provide recognition & comfort when you bring your own kids decades hence, regardless of your religious preference, but hyper-Political Correctness sacrifices that value on the alter of “inclusiveness;” traditions, cultural ideals are jettisoned for secular bullying. At least this was my thinking until I noticed someone had stole the Baby Jesus from the manger. I couldn't help but sneak a suspicious look at the transperson.

Missing Baby Jesus.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

MilSpecs

Re: Nativity Scenes & Christmas Trees

Post by MilSpecs » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:56 pm

Baby Jesus isn't supposed to go in the creche until his birthday. All the little ones usually get excited to see him on their way to church on Christmas morning.
:royalty-queen:

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:06 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:56 pm
Baby Jesus isn't supposed to go in the creche until his birthday. All the little ones usually get excited to see him on their way to church on Christmas morning.
Oh. Thx for that info.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:00 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:06 pm
MilSpecs wrote:
Oh. Thx for that info.
I dunno ... you did say the donkey was kind of fat.
:shock:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:44 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:00 pm
Martin Hash wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:06 pm
MilSpecs wrote:
Oh. Thx for that info.
I dunno ... you did say the donkey was kind of fat.
:shock:
:o
:royalty-queen: