Newspaper Nico

Martin Hash

Newspaper Nico

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Jul 18, 2024 9:31 am

A couple of decades ago, my immediate family was in the newspaper pretty regularly. I was featured several times for the movies I wrote & produced, a profile because I was interesting that went national, and several stories with pictures when I ran for political office; one month I was mentioned in 5 magazines. My youngest son was a wrestling champ, and was the subject of a newspaper photo at a book signing. My daughter was pictured in a story about summer. My brother was pictured in several stories about our computer software business. Our neighbors used to comment on how much we were in the papers; they were awestruck and considered us to be famous. It was definitely unusual for just regular people like us.

Newspaper c.jpg

Everybody has their 15 minutes of fame then the newspaper spotlight went dark… Until now. My granddaughter, Nico, at 2 has been getting quite a lot of notoriety. When she was 1, she won a Christmas art contest (the picture proudly hung in her home), then last week she won the newspaper’s monthly reading award, and yesterday she was on the front page in the feature story by being in the right place at the right time. It was a story about free lunches that the library provides. Her dad regularly takes Nico to the library, and they just happen to be there when the news team came. Nico had her own lunch but she wanted to eat what the other kids were eating so was sitting there with her dad when the pictures were being taken; and they picked hers. I’m probably one of those grandpas who think their grandkids are the cutest and best ever, but now I’m also thinking Nico should use modeling to put herself through medical school. (If not, I’ll pay.)

Lunch.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change