Setting Goals

Martin Hash

Setting Goals

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:07 pm

Setting Goals.JPG

I turned 65 this year so the twilight of life is upon me. That doesn’t mean I can’t think big but the options are certainly nothing like what was open to me as a young man. My birthday occurred while I was traveling with my wife, Gwynne, from the Arctic Ocean to the Panama Canal in the back of a truck, sleeping on the ground and cooking our own food for 4 months. This was the fourth time we’d made such a trek, and every time I’m amazed at how much I mature as a person; you wouldn’t think that an old man who’s already done it all could change so drastically. One of the things I planned to do while we were on the road was to make a list of possible new careers going forward. Looking back, I can distinctly see an ever-deepening realization of what life can practically offer; meaning I started out with the last vestiges of my old naive optimism and ended up in pure pragmatism. See the following list for yourself.

Explore for gold, make gold earrings and sell them on the Internet.
Contact James Lindsay (a famous anti-Critical Race Theory guy) and offer to moderated his Substack account. Offer to do the same for Robert Barns (a famous liberty-supporting attorney). Same for Vivek Ramaswamy. Contact the Trump organization about helping promote flying car cities.
Grow a legal psychedelic plant and sell it.
Create something healthy people can add to their drink and sell it.
Make whiskey from psychoactive plant and sell it.
Design an Anonymous Bitcoin escrow for secretive buyer/sellers. (For my questionable Internet ideas.)
Write an erotica book under a nom de plome.
Become a shaman.
Make YouTube videos that promote styles from the 1960s.
Become an expert in quantum computing for teleporting/space travel.
Learn to play a dobro guitar.
Memorize lots of song lyrics.

Those are the kind of crazy ideas I came up with when I had no intellectual constraints placed on me. When I finally got home, I didn’t even read them back except to write this article; I had used up the last of my fancy. Instead, I came up with a short list of 5 things to do as we ride off into the sunset: romance, writing, whiskey, dancing and traveling.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

SuburbanFarmer

Re: Setting Goals

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:46 pm

Best part of life lies ahead. Chill and enjoy the ride.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0