Body Autonomy

Martin Hash

Body Autonomy

Post by Martin Hash » Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:45 am

Simply out of habit, I reject all mandatory anything, especially if it violates my body autonomy, like vaccines, masks & annual checkups to keep your insurance; it’s my body, I’ll decide what I put in or on it. Many people must share this abhorrence, that’s why the tattooing of concentration camp survivors is so evocative of disgust. I know it’s petty but i don’t even like getting my hand stamped after paying a cover charge. I noticed that since COVID, wrapping a mandatory no removable cuff around your wrist is the stamp replacement; I guess so there’s no touching?

As a passive sign of my resistance to such things, I never wash the stamps off, though they wear off naturally in a few days. The plastic cuffs, however, will remain around your wrist indefinitely. My right wrist is completely colonized by a large array of colorful bands; most people assume they’re jewelry. The only ones who catch on are the people adding a new cuff; most smile but occasionally the adder will look me in the eyes & squint.

Body Autonomy.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change