Not Me

Martin Hash

Not Me

Post by Martin Hash » Fri May 05, 2023 1:56 pm

Not Me.jpg

I listen to a YouTube channel covering the top songs on Spotify. I’m concerned that so many are rap, where somebody says some lines over a beat track, with maybe a hi-hat for accompaniment. The topics of the songs are repetitive and not very clever so I tried my hand at it. When I finished, I was uncertain whether the lyrics might be too personal so I ran them by my wife, Gwynne.

“My wife has been coed skinny-dipping multiple times, even while we were married; not me.
My wife has gone to an X-rated movie theater with a guy; not me.
My wife had multiple boyfriends throughout high school and college; not me.
My wife went to see male strippers and was out all night; not me.
My wife had a naked girl hang all over her on a beach; not me.
My wife insists she was a complete virgin before we were married; not me.”

“What about it?” I asked. “Can I publish that?”
“Do you think it’s funny?” She asked.
“Comedians tell ironic stories just like that,” I answered truthfully.
“If a comedian jumped off a cliff, would you?”
I paused for a moment, stunned. “Give me a second, I have to write that down.”
We were silent for a while longer.
“Can I publish it or not?” I asked again. “It’s not like I’m accusing you of anything; other people know this stuff.”
“Do what you want.”
I know what, “do what you want” means but I’m publishing them anyway, with an additional verse.

“No one else would believe Gwynne was telling the truth when she told me I was her first and only man for everything, but I know her, and that’s totally plausible; she was my first and only girlfriend. I feel sorry for her blue-balls boyfriends before me but they must have all been losers... Not me.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change