Amos

Martin Hash

Amos

Post by Martin Hash » Thu May 04, 2023 12:38 pm

My grandfather, former mayor of Moab and member of the Utah state legislature, was famous for using nicknames long before I came on the scene. I can remember him calling me “Amos” when I was really young. He called my bother, “Finlander.” I was jealous because I liked Finlander better than Amos, probably because it had more syllables. Later in life, I asked my aunt about my Amos nickname, and she told me Grandpa called lots of people Amos. It didn’t feel so special after finding that out.

When I had kids of my own, I nicknamed them as soon as soon as possible. I called my oldest son, “Oopus,” and my youngest son “Mogli.” It doesn’t stop there; my oldest niece was “Oofy,” and her sister was “Winky.” Winky didn’t like her nickname so she called me “Marty Farty.” To my daughter’s chagrin, I still call her “Snitter” occasionally. Then my daughter had a daughter; it doesn’t make any difference what my granddaughter’s real name is because she picked out a toy at the store that was too perfect a fit not to be divine, so she’s got her new name from now on.

Snoopy.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change