Old Prius

Martin Hash

Old Prius

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:39 am

In 2008, we bought a new Prius. We liked it so much that we bought another one a decade later. The first one was still dependable so we gave it to my daughter, Heather, when she got married. A year later, while she was in the hospital having a baby, the catalytic converter was stolen while the car in the parking garage. I personally bought and installed a new one on the day I got back from having laser eye surgery on my retina. I was virtually blind from the dilation drops but I was still able to put in and tighten all of the bolts by feel. Unfortunately, the cheapy new catalytic converter is louder than before but still quieter than a regular car.

Catalytic Convertor 2.jpg

A few months later, somebody punched a dent into the side near the passenger-side rear door. It looks like a punch, about the right size for a kick maybe; I don’t know how something could have hit there accidentally. What’s weird is that a decade ago, while my daughter was driving the car before we gave it to her, she scraped right there backing out of the garage. Insurance didn’t cover and it was too expensive to get fixed so we never did. I’m thinking somebody saw the scrape and thought they were doing her a favor by denting it right there so both could be fixed by insurance which, unfortunately, she doesn’t have.

Dent.jpg

Heather’s one of those canvassers who interviews people coming out of the movie theater about how they liked the movie. It was in Portland, Oregon, a place she normally doesn’t like going because of all the crime and homeless people, and sure enough, when she got back to her Prius, somebody had broken out the passenger-side window and stole her breast pump. It was hidden in a bag but the thief must have saw the baby carrier and figured something like that was in there. Since that’s all that was taken, it makes me wonder what they were thinking? Did they really need a breast pump? Is there a gray market for nursing gear?

Broken Window.jpg

Just yesterday, Heather texted me with a list of things the people who sold her tires said was wrong with her car. One of them was brake pads. Brake pads? On a Prius? They never need brake pads because they hardly use friction braking. And $1000 to install brake pads?! There must be something about old Priuses that attracts the wrong kind of people?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

SuburbanFarmer

Re: Old Prius

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:57 am

Most hated car since the Yugo. I bet some people are breaking it open just to piss you off.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0