AI Art

Martin Hash

AI Art

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:15 pm

I’ve written 6 books full of original quotes (at least I think they are). The quotes are divided up into characters. What I mean by that is on Facebook & Twitter, I have avatars with specific personalities that use the quotes. For example, there’s a wise man, “Mr. Wysdom,” and a man of the cloth, “Rev. Religion.” There’s also a political pundit, an economist, and a doctor, “Dr. Healthcare.” However, my favorite is “Fatuous Filosofer,” whose avatar is Snidely Whiplash of “Dudley Do-Right” fame. Fatuous Filosofer, as the name suggests, is an aspiring comedian, though often can tell when he’s being sarcastic, intentionally naive, or a real curmudgeon? Fatuous Filosofer posts about every other day but he doesn’t get a lot of interaction, certainly not on the order of my Libertyist character, a true patriot if there ever was one.

One of the things that surprised almost everybody late last year, just before Christmas, was Elon Musk’s OpenAI project releasing ChatGPT and DALL-E into the wild. It’s not hyperbolic to say that these artificial intelligences will change the world forever, especially the economy. Of special note is DALL-E that is going make artists, even the most talented ones, redundant. Whatever an artist can do, DALL-E can do better, and instantaneously in every art style, artist, medium, and combination thereof. I truly feel sorry for aspiring artists, I really do, because in my formative years, I wanted to be an artist, and achieved a level of draftsmanship far above my untalented peers, though not good enough to make a living from it. In fact, I was considering picking up art again for a potential cartoon humor when YouTube’s algorithm noticed and recommended a video showing DALL-E at work, and it was free! (Did I mention it was free?) I immediately went to the OpenAI website and began experimenting. All you have to do is type what you want. Here’s mine: (2 images of each though it generated 4 simultaneously.)
AI Art.jpg
Utopian city. Creation of the Universe. Cat playing a piano. Window into space. The force meets the sea.

Of course, all ideas of practicing my art skills again were not only unnecessary, they were downright embarrassing. I immediately thought of all the things I could use DALL-E to illustrate for me, and the first thing that came to mind was Fatuous Filosofer. I wondered what the A.I. would do if I simply typed in my quotes? Watch the video below keeping in mind that the picture was totally created without any other instruction simply from the caption underneath.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change