Debunking Time Dilation

Martin Hash

Debunking Time Dilation

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:28 am

As occasionally happens, yesterday I spent a number of hours watching physics videos on YouTube, from people who purport to be smarter than me, try to explain why Einstein was correct about time not being a constant. I’ve always enjoyed Einstein’s Special Theory of Relativity, and found no flaw in his logic, but his General Theory, with its caveat of nonconstant time, has always irritated me. I listen to the explanations and how it’s been exhaustively tested but I can come up with alternative explanations that keep time constant.

Here’s my example of Einstein’s Special Theory done without trains:

Planet X.jpg

Planet X is 10 light years away. From the pov of Planet X watching Earth through a telescope, they see astronauts from Earth getting into their spaceship that travels at lightspeed then, bang, the spaceship immediately lands on Planet X, but when the astronauts get out of the ship they’re 10 years older. Conversely, from Earth’s pov, the spaceship is moving at half speed meaning that 20 years later through a telescope they’ll witness it landing on Planet X then the crew’s movements will return to full speed.

This example relies on the assumption that if a bullet is simultaneously emitting a laser beam from its nose and one from its base with receivers in front and behind, the transit times of the two beams added together will be constant.

Now onto General Theory but I’ll use velocity rather than acceleration because acceleration, which is simply increasing velocity, can hide a rabbit in the hat.

First, satellite time measurements that must be adjusted for supposed time dilation:
Planets rotate, suns rotate, the galaxy is rotating; in fact, there’s speculation that the universe itself is rotating, but that rotation is not transferred to the light which keeps going in the same direction of its original vector & speed. That means an observer has to take the combined complex rotations into account when computing the object’s position, which will be a slightly further distance than if there was no rotation, but that doesn’t mean it took a longer time, and it’s not proof that the object’s time is slower than on earth, just that the distance has increased fractionally from what the observer calculated it to be without rotation.

Next, the idea that an astronaut who went to another planet and came back would be younger:
Curved space, if indeed it is curved, requires time dilation compared to a straight path because time would have to pass more slowly to arrive at the same destination at the same time as a straight path but the astronaut wouldn’t be younger. Once again, the curvature could be mostly an illusion due to the local rotation around large masses.

There are a number of time dilation calculators online that mostly solve for the Special Theory effect.

Time Dilation.jpg
https://physicscalculatorpro.com/time-d ... alculator/

I’d love to discuss these mental gymnastics of the General Theory with a physicist who can respond in a paragraph or less, similar to how I posited solutions here, because complexity obscures simplicity.

p.s. The "nuclear clock" proof of time dilation seems definitive but I can only conclude it's flawed somehow?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

SuburbanFarmer

Re: Debunking Time Dilation

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Dec 27, 2022 4:37 pm

I don’t have a problem with time dilation..but quantum physics and ‘dark matter’ look like a pretty obvious cover for ‘we don’t know wtf is going on’.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Martin Hash

Re: Debunking Time Dilation

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:05 pm

Supposedly, half of all the things we think we know today are wrong. I’m going to put General Relatively in that category, and certainly “quantum” anything.

A couple decades ago there were 1000+ scientific papers refuting General Relativity on one grounds or another. At the time I was busy on one of my doctorates and didn’t research much past the surface. Now it’s hard to even find mentions of contrary positions. “Science” has been politicized and can no longer be trusted: see COVID.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change