Podcast

Martin Hash

Podcast

Post by Martin Hash » Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:37 am

I’ve started writing a new season of my podcast, “PRay TeLL, Dr. Hash,” the seventh. At 200 episodes per season, one every other day, that’s 2800 days, going on 8 years of listening. Podcasts, like any creative activity, come in waves. I’m finally rested enough from the burnout of last year’s writing that I can start again but I’m always afraid I won’t have the creativity or sticktoitiveness to finish. All I know for sure is that I’ll be relieved when the last episode is recorded & uploaded then I’ll be done for months, and move onto other creative things, which will wrap back around until they’ve exhausted me and it’s podcast season again.

None of this has anything to do with rather I have an audience because I don’t know? I also don’t know if I don’t care but I’m too frightened to find out. I do know there’s a handful of loyal listeners who eagerly wait for my next podcast to be released; I can tell by read count. They never comment, and for a while I thought my small audience was bots, but I’ve got enough feedback to know that at least some real people like what I have to say, and why so few bots? There’s half-a-dozen podcast companies that pester me to add my catalog to their feed. It made me feel wanted at first but then the systematic nature of their requests clued me in that the messages were being sent by bots. Is it coincidental that I have the same amount of known listeners as I have bots approaching me for favors? Regardless, I think my podcasts are clever, entertaining, unique and original even if no one else does (except the bots).

Podcast.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change