Sigma Male

Martin Hash

Sigma Male

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:47 am

Male Dominance Hierarchy.jpg

I walked away from the internet for 5 minutes and a bunch of new masculine archetypes popped up. Besides “Alpha” and “Beta” males, which most people are familiar with, there are “Gamma,” “Omega,” “Delta” & “Sigma” males? Specifically, the Alpha male is confident, outgoing, charismatic & a leader; while the Beta is friendly, reserved, submissive & loyal. The Gamma is adventurous, eager, aware & empathetic; and the Omega is self-assured, driven, intelligent & diversified. The Omega male is a downer: resigned, resentful, lonely & self-destructive.

Then there’s the Sigma male, whose primary trait is first and foremost, non-conformity. They choose to live among but not in the existing social structure. They’re loners who don’t need attention and who prefers their own company because other people just slow them down. Sigma males have few friends but are especially attractive to women because they’re self-sufficient, adaptable, efficient and prioritize the well-being of themselves and those around them. I took the online Sigma Male Test and wasn’t surprised that I was qualified according to the checklist: cunning? Yep, that’s me. Self-confident? that’s me too. Likable? At least I think so. And calculating? Oh yeah, baby. Unfortunately, after watching a bunch of YouTube videos about the topic, it turns out I’m not so special after all: every guy thinks they’re a Sigma male. They even wrote a book about it.

Book.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

C-Mag

Re: Sigma Male

Post by C-Mag » Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:25 am

:lol:

I've been checking in on this masculinity theory for awhile. The Sigma is attractive to a lot of males because the attributes can be claimed by anyone, which you point out. But how are they claiming this ?

Most people readily conform, COVID is the best metric. Then theres self sufficiency, another easy metric. The others are more subjective.

Sigma is a good place to be, maybe the most desirable, probably why so many claim it.

I can definitely see you as Sigma Dr Hash
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:21 pm

I don't know where I fall on this theory. I do know, that the most mistaken and self lying goes into Alpha Males. Lot's and lot's of fake Alphas out there. Phony Bravada is their trade in stock. The phonies are easy to spot, love talking about themselves, their toughness and sexual exploits. I really feel there are few true Alphas out there. I think of natural born leaders that can get people to do things just by their presence and how they are able to relate to people. I also believe the sexual exploits are overstated in the theory for Alphas. As is the abusive nature of Alphas. I actually wonder if Sigmas aren't really Alphas that don't fuck around and play bullshit games.

If you saw the BBC video of the guys in the car garage that was classic. All the guys peacocking over the pretty girl, then the true masculine boss steps in the room and straightens shit out without all the fakery.

Hell, as new as this theory is, I may create by own Greek letter Masculinity Archetype. Theta Male has a nice ring to it.
PLATA O PLOMO

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:04 am

The current social definition of “alpha” is just a dickhead that talks over people. A true Alpha protects and provides for the pack. What you’re calling ‘Sigma’ fits the definition.

It’s all word games. The victim class vilifies Alpha based on their gym class experience with dipshits.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:49 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:04 am
The current social definition of “alpha” is just a dickhead that talks over people. A true Alpha protects and provides for the pack. What you’re calling ‘Sigma’ fits the definition.

It’s all word games. The victim class vilifies Alpha based on their gym class experience with dipshits.
I agree. Good description.
It's a shame. There is a dude on Twitter, Alpha masculinity I think. He says shit like, never let your spouse or GF look at your phone, but you get to look at hers freely.
PLATA O PLOMO

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:22 am

Kind of like how Donny Drumpf thinks ‘class’ means gold plating on everything. Having class refers to education and restraint.

Our ancestors would be horrified at the perversion of language, and how it undermines every part of our society.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0