Home COVID Test

Martin Hash

Home COVID Test

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:47 am

Amongst our junk mail was a small package to my wife, Gwynne. When I handed the bubble-wrap envelop to her, eyebrows raised, she said, “It’s home COVID tests. Every household can have a box.”
“What are we going to do with home COVID tests?”
Gwynne shrugged. She had other considerations: we’d bought online tickets to go see one of our favorite dance bands, and she was fiddling around on her phone to download them.
“Oh,” she said a little louder than her talking voice: that’s a signal that I should ask, “What?”
“We have to be vaccinated,” she answered.
“What?” I repeated.
“Yeah, it’s Portland.”
“Did it say that when you bought the tickets?”
“No.”
“I guess we can’t go. Is there a number to call to get our money back?”
Gwynne studied her phone a bit more: “It says that we can use a recent COVID test.”
My eyes popped open and looked at the package on the kitchen counter near Gwynne: she looked down at it too.
I picked it up and opened it. Inside were 6 sets of tests and an instruction card that said to download an app. That done, we followed the directions on our phones: swab nostrils, swish around in vial, put drops into plastic test device, wait for timer, report results. Unsurprisingly, neither of us had COVID.

Home COVID Test.jpg

Holding the plastic device, I commented: “That seems rather insecure. Do we give this thing to the person checking at the door? Do we show them our self-reported results on our phones?”
Gwynne didn’t know either. “Everybody in Portland must be vaxxed,” she suggested.
I went into my office and got my medical license: the first time I’d ever even put it in my wallet: “Maybe if Dr. Hash says so, they’ll take it?”
Driving over to the venue, I didn’t care either way: whether we went dancing or not, I was still going to write about this crazy exercise, but it turned out that nobody even asked: in fact, hardly anyone wore masks. It was a complete farce just like the whole shamdemic has been from the beginning.
A few days later, some friends of ours asked if we wanted tickets to go dancing in Portland. First thing Gwynne did was look at the ticket webpage: she read to me that they required the jab and wouldn’t accept home COVID test results.

Home COVID Test Results.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change