Mutton Busting

Martin Hash

Mutton Busting

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:14 am

We went to a rodeo in Salt Lake City, Utah. My wife, Gwynne, likes it all but I was there for the mutton-busting, when 3 to 6 year-olds ride and fall off sheep. The announcer first introduced last year’s winner, a 6-year old who wasn’t competing. The boy proudly ambled out dressed in a green cowboy suit and big white hat, spit, and kicked it with his boot. I could see preparations down at the launch chute. The announcer said: “He’s 5, and this is the first time we’ve seen this.” Out came a kid holding on for dear life back-asswards on a running sheep. 79 points. Then a 5-year riding normally got 80, and a 6-year old after that got 81. A little girl dressed in a pink tutu was next: “She’s 5: give it up for Cindy, girls!” said the announcer. Cindy only lasted about a second but she was awarded 85 points: hmmm… Last was “His name is Camden, goes by ‘Cam, and he’s 3-years old. He’s on an energetic sheep: it took 2 grown men just to hold it.” Cam was an absolute trooper who went down hard and was trampled: he won with 90 points. During his interview, held in the arm’s of a Rodeo Princess, the announced asked: “How’s winning feel, Cam?” Cam sobbed then said “good” in his high-pitched 3-year old voice. Everyone in the stadium clapped enthusiastically.

Champion Mutton Buster Cam c.jpg

Next up was the bronco busting: cowboys with names like Colton, Scottie, Jake, Jesse & Ky. The announcer introduced the first rider: “He’s 17-years old. This is his first time out of the barrel. He’s a Canadian. I got something to tell you: we hate your bacon.” He stayed on his horse the full 8 seconds. The announced said, “He’s 100% Alpha male: he didn’t even have a beard when he started that ride,” but Gwynne, who’s an old rodeo hand, was critical “He put his arm down too soon,” she said. He was awarded 70 points. “Amateur,” Gwynne sniffed. The winner had 87.5 points.

Bronc Riding c.jpg

During intermission, a rodeo clown did some eccentric dancing out in the middle of the arena; he was moving like most men are too embarrassed to be seen. He said, “I’m 39-years old: after that last dance I got a wedgie and a cramp at the same time.” Gwynne said to me: “He dances like you.”

Clown Dancing c.jpg

When it was all over, “I liked that!” Gwynne exclaimed. “Best of all was when they played ‘Baby Shark’ over the loud-speaker.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

DBTrek

Re: Mutton-Busting

Post by DBTrek » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:29 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:14 am
The announced said, “He’s 100% Alpha male: he didn’t even have a beard when he started that ride,” but Gwynne, who’s an old rodeo hand, was critical “He put his arm down too soon,” she said. He was awarded 70 points. “Amateur,” Gwynne sniffed. The winner had 87.5 points.
Your wife used to work Rodeos?
That's hard core.
Just went to my first rodeo recently.
Wish I had access to them when I was younger.

The broncos are cool, but watching guys get flattened trying to ride a bull is even better.
There's a low-rez shot of the Rodeo I was at last week or so.
:lol:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:09 pm

Rodeos have great intermission games. Wild horse riding, wild cow milking, boot race, chuckwagon race, and bull poker

The goal in bull poker is to be the last man sitting in your chair. Last guy wins the pot.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Smitty-48

Re: Mutton Busting

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:14 pm

they basically have one big rodeo here, and it's called the Calgary Stampede

Nec Aspera Terrent

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:17 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:09 pm
Rodeos have great intermission games. Wild horse riding, wild cow milking, boot race, chuckwagon race, and bull poker

The goal in bull poker is to be the last man sitting in your chair. Last guy wins the pot.
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Every time I was about to stop that vid more crazy shit happened.
:lol:

Watched the whole thing.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:33 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:14 pm

It's a legendary one, and that's the right guy to sing it.

Chuck wagon races are pretty cool, cowboy chariot races. They can be really dangerous
PLATA O PLOMO

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:42 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:33 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:14 pm

It's a legendary one, and that's the right guy to sing it.

Chuck wagon races are pretty cool, cowboy chariot races. They can be really dangerous
I've been twice

first time my father took me when I was just a boy, and all the cowboys were making fun of him as a city slicker

so my father decided to show them, by getting on the mechanical bull

my father held on for dear life, until thy cranked it up to full, then it bucked him off

all the cowboys were impressed, they applauded him

but once he got in private he said he was injured, he didn't show it in front of the cowboys, but he was limping after

the second time I went was with the army many years later, they had us on parade

I remember many young & pretty Alberta girls who were sweet on a man in uniform

Nec Aspera Terrent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:50 pm

Here's anothe. Wild cow milking, this was my game.

PLATA O PLOMO

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:52 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:50 pm
Wild cow milking, this was my game.
my game was at the recruitment booth

they put me on duty to recruit guys to join the army

but I spent all my time flirting with cowgirls

Nec Aspera Terrent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:54 pm

Marty, ask Gwynne what the most dangerous event in rodeo is.
PLATA O PLOMO