Wedding Anniversary

Martin Hash

Wedding Anniversary

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:45 pm

Gondola Ride.jpg

Gwynne & I went to Junior High together, High School together, and Junior College together, but we didn’t meet or know each other existed until I used my best disco pick-up lines on her in the Student Union at University. I was 18 at the time. I married her 2 days after my 21st birthday, by design, so she would be only 1 year older than me. We matured together and I often say that if I hadn't have married her when I did, when I was young and flexible, not yet set in my eccentric ways, I probably wouldn't have married anybody, and if I did, it wouldn't have lasted. So, when I planned our 40th Wedding anniversaries, I did it big. Where were my wife, Gwynne, and me on our 1st Wedding Anniversary? In Venice. So where did I want to be on our 40th? Venice. When we got there, Gwynne made an interesting observation, “the first time we were here we didn’t know anything, then we knew everything, and now we’re back and don’t know anything again.”

From our last visit, I knew Venice is known for glass-blowing, and I had a glass plate in mind, but when we visited Murano island, a glass-blowers haven since the 13th Century, plates were way too expensive, so we purchased a glass penGwynne instead, which isn't so odd, except when we got home we discovered it was just like one we bought 40 years ago but had forgotten!

Glass Penguins.jpg

And, of course, we went on a romantic gondola ride in the Venetian canals with our gondolier, Antonio. Tony was a very professional guide while the gondolier in front of us was watching his cell phone the whole time.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

brewster

Re: Wedding Anniversary

Post by brewster » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:52 pm

Do we have the same anniversary, the 16th? The wife & I celebrated 23 while driving back from a Bat Mitzvah outside DC by stopping in at a Maryland Crab shack honkytonk. Fucking AMAZING crab cakes! How dare you be only 4 years older than me, it takes some of the shine off you. It helped to think of you as much older. Anyway, congrats. My wife is a saint, assume yours is too!

We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:57 pm

Bat Mitzvah

Autocorrect is funny sometimes

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:14 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:57 pm
Bat Mitzvah

Autocorrect is funny sometimes
Meme level intensifies.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0