Hobby Lobby

Martin Hash

Hobby Lobby

Post by Martin Hash » Wed May 01, 2019 9:11 am

My wife, Gwynne, loves to do crafts but she'd never been to the famous crafts store, Hobby Lobby. I told her I'd start going shopping with her if she needed company, and she mentioned there was a Hobby Lobby in Oregon that had Easter grass for only 60 cents a bag, and did I want to go. I'd never been to a Hobby Lobby either so I rode with her.

Hobby Lobby is a big place full of women; I might have been the only guy in there. Gwynne found the Easter grass right away and bought 4 bags but she asked if I wanted to look around the store first before we went. I was already kind of bored and was ready to go home but I told her I'd come, and it seemed unfair to spoil her fun so, sure, lets walk up-and-down the aisles for 15 minutes and get outta Dodge. Turns out, there's lots of cool stuff in Hobby Lobby; right off the bat I found a colored lava lamp, had to have that; then there was a Dr. Seuss poster that would look great at the bottom of the stairs, and a new picture to replace the faded giraffe picture in the bathroom, and a plastic frog shower stool for less than $7, and Oregon doesn't have Sales tax.

Dr. Suess Map.jpg
Kid Stool.jpg
Lava Lamp.jpg

Each time we took a few steps, I put something else into the cart: a Bedazzler so we could stamp bling on Gwynne's new denim pants, one of those dunking birds that runs all on its own with a glass of water, an hourglass that uses a magnet and iron pyrite, some bubbly things, some stickers, a little jewelry box shaped like a princesses carriage, and more exotic things. For example, I found an iron moose head to hang in the Guest room, and a flag frame for the U.S. flag that flew over the White House my son received when he became an Eagle Scout. I bought a lot of cool stuff; the first cart filled up, so I had to get a second cart. Gwynne pushed the first overloaded one, which let me get ahead of her but she caught up to me when I was looking at a giant dollhouse I was going to buy for the granddaughter we might have someday. Gwynne said we didn't have a granddaughter nor anyplace to build a dollhouse but I found a glass construction table with a tilting top and several drawers you could see into for supplies; Gwynne said no. In fact, Gwynne started saying no to everything, though I was able to sneak a few small things in when she had her head turned.

Tipping Bird.jpg
Magnet Hourglass.jpg
Doll House.jpg

It got to the point where we still had a few aisles to go when Gwynne said stop, that we were done, and I was supposed to wheel my cart up to the cash register line. I asked her why we were stopping early and she told me she was tired and she'd come back again later... By herself. Looking at the 2 baskets of good stuff we had bought at Hobby Lobby, I felt quite a thrill, and did I mention there's no Sales tax in Oregon? I guessed it would cost $250; I was wrong by only 12 cents; I'm good at guessing prices like that. Gwynne didn't seem very impressed; she just told me it was the most expensive Easter grass she'd ever bought.

Easter Grass s.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

DBTrek

Re: Hobby Lobby

Post by DBTrek » Wed May 01, 2019 9:23 am

Quite an impressive haul.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Kath

Re: Hobby Lobby

Post by Kath » Wed May 01, 2019 9:51 am

I'm not the big shopper like Nerd is, unless I'm in an extremely manic state. I can relate to this completely!

This made me laugh: she just told me it was the most expensive Easter grass she'd ever bought.

I am wondering how long of a drive you took to save approximately two dollars.
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?