Gwynne Sleeping

Martin Hash

Gwynne Sleeping

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:24 pm

The concept of a “morning person” has permeated our cultural consciousness, and by the layman’s definition, that’s me. Conversely, my wife, Gwynne, is a night person; well, more of an evening person in that she goes to bed by midnight; not like our youngest son, Haven, who literally swaps night and day. Even when he was a toddler, we would sit him down on a blanket in his room at night so we could go to bed, where he quietly entertained himself; we would find him in the morning sprawled out sleeping. It was a bear getting him up to go catch the school bus; in fact, most days Gwynne had to take him to school. It became the routine over grade school career, not noteworthy except my daughter, Heather, who always wanted a Perfect Attendance award and never got one, was upset when Haven was called up on the stage for his.

I would be certain that Heather is obviously my daughter and Haven is Gwynne’s son except with our off-kilter schedules, there wasn’t enough overlap to actually conceive children. I’ve often looked with suspicion at the turkey-baster in kitchen which, as far as I know, has never been used for anything.
I guess it’s this uncertainty about our children’s parentage that got me started taking pictures of Gwynne in bed. Especially traveling, I’d be up and she’d be sleeping, and the camera phone was convenient, so click. Gwynne wondered for several years why I would say, “got you,” for no reason but one day she was looking through my travel photos: “What is this?”
“Got you.”
Her face went red. She finally convinced me to stop by threatening to start wearing pajamas to bed, and I wasn’t willing to give up my see-but-don’t-touch opportunity. (Just kidding; during the baby-making years, 5 minutes was plenty of time, and a bed was not required.)

Gwynne Sleeping.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Montegriffo

Re: Gwynne Sleeping

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:33 pm

Shit, Dad's back. Quick tidy up and hide the grass.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:00 pm

I certainly think staying up super late and flipping the "day" schedule isn't optimal for your overall health. I also think a lot of the issues with people that feel groggy or off in the morning comes down to one's diet. Food intolerance and being digestive dysfunctional will impact your cognitive ability as well as your mood. We are just scratching the surface of really understanding the digestive system. Furthermore, being around white and blue light all the fucking time disrupts some more than others. Its not helping lets say that. Add to it the angst in ones day and being too visually and mentally stimulated hours before bed mess with many people.
The good, the true, & the beautiful

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:16 pm

waking at 0500 is ideal. You waste a lot of time at night, and early morning is productive time.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:32 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:16 pm
waking at 0500 is ideal. You waste a lot of time at night, and early morning is productive time.
I can't effectively lift heavy shit until I've been awake for a few hours. I can't believe jockos squatting and deadlifting around 5am. I can see jogging walking and yoga being good excercises for that early but not lifting. I think I'm the best gym wise about 5-7 hours after being up whenever that might be. Too late and your tired and prob should be winding down. They say your also good to write in the morning but I do my best work and expression at night
The good, the true, & the beautiful

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:50 pm

I’m absolutely more productive at night. But that’s also when my kids are asleep.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0