Indiana Jones

Martin Hash

Indiana Jones

Post by Martin Hash » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:57 pm

I can remember when the first Indiana Jones movie, “Raiders of the Lost Ark,” came out in 1981. My wife, Gwynne, and I had been married almost 2 years, and it was my first year working in the real world. We were just kids really, especially by today’s standards, even though we had jobs, a house, and a kid of our own. I know we were unsophisticated because we both really liked the movie, gave it an “A,” I remember.
Lost Ark Movie Poster.JPG
Some of that admiration must have subconsciously rubbed off on me because years later a newspaper photographer asked what was up with my Indiana Jones getup. I was initially surprised but when I looked down at myself, in fact, hat, yep, coat, yep, demeanor, definitely yep. I made some excuse about playing the part but it dawned on me how true that was.
Newspaper Photo.jpg
I went through several “parts” over the next couple decades, never finding a better fit, when someone who had seen that old newspaper photograph suggested I go back to Indiana Jones. I thought about it for a little while, and looked what was available on eBay. It was quite exciting, in fact; due to aggressive promotion back-in-the-day, there was a plethora of licensed Indiana Jones merchandise for sale cheap. I bought an embroidered leather jacket with Indiana Jones lining, an Indiana Jones labeled hat with Indiana Jones hat pin, and even an Indiana Jones whip, for chriminey sakes. Unfortunately, carrying a whip around wasn’t going to work out, so I handmade my own whip bolo tie with a carved handle and end tassel, fastened with an Eye of Ra tie clip.
Bolo Whip.jpg
The IJ avatar is a good one, especially for me: I have the adventurous spirit, I’m an ardent collector, mysteries make life interesting, plus the hat fits. It ‘s not a question of morphing into Indiana Jones, it’s only why more people don’t do it?

Indiana Jones Jacket & Hat.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

C-Mag

Re: Indiana Jones

Post by C-Mag » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:44 pm

That was me who suggested it...……… it's a winning look for you. Your personality as you outlined is much like the early Dr Jones, the professor who is an adventurerer. You can build popularity with it. The Indiana Jones guy.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:49 pm

That’s right, it was you! Thx.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:43 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:57 pm
I can remember when the first Indiana Jones movie, “Raiders of the Lost Ark,” came out in 1981. My wife, Gwynne, and I had been married almost 2 years, and it was my first year working in the real world. We were just kids really, especially by today’s standards, even though we had jobs, a house, and a kid of our own. I know we were unsophisticated because we both really liked the movie, gave it an “A,” I remember.
Lost Ark Movie Poster.JPG

Some of that admiration must have subconsciously rubbed off on me because years later a newspaper photographer asked what was up with my Indiana Jones getup. I was initially surprised but when I looked down at myself, in fact, hat, yep, coat, yep, demeanor, definitely yep. I made some excuse about playing the part but it dawned on me how true that was.
Newspaper Photo.jpg

I went through several “parts” over the next couple decades, never finding a better fit, when someone who had seen that old newspaper photograph suggested I go back to Indiana Jones. I thought about it for a little while, and looked what was available on eBay. It was quite exciting, in fact; due to aggressive promotion back-in-the-day, there was a plethora of licensed Indiana Jones merchandise for sale cheap. I bought an embroidered leather jacket with Indiana Jones lining, an Indiana Jones labeled hat with Indiana Jones hat pin, and even an Indiana Jones whip, for chriminey sakes. Unfortunately, carrying a whip around wasn’t going to work out, so I handmade my own whip bolo tie with a carved handle and end tassel, fastened with an Eye of Ra tie clip.
Bolo Whip.jpg

The IJ avatar is a good one, especially for me: I have the adventurous spirit, I’m an ardent collector, mysteries make life interesting, plus the hat fits. It ‘s not a question of morphing into Indiana Jones, it’s only why more people don’t do it?

Indiana Jones Jacket & Hat.jpg
I used to watch those movies all the time when I was a kid. They still stand the test of time now. I have never seen your entire yard, but from the pictures you upload, it looks very beautiful. Washington has some great foliage.
Shikata ga nai

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:33 pm

First off, the trilogy is great and I rewatch the bird one the most. Secondly , everyone mimics other people.
The good, the true, & the beautiful

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:43 am

GloryofGreece wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:33 pm
First off, the trilogy is great and I rewatch the bird one the most. Secondly , everyone mimics other people.
??? There are 4 IJ movies, and what "bird one"?

Who do you mimic?

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:45 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:43 am
GloryofGreece wrote:

Who do you mimic?
Typo dude come on now. III is the best.

As far as mimic you tell me besides Jones who you do as well?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ren%C3%A9 ... tic_desire

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:48 am

GloryofGreece wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:45 am
Martin Hash wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:43 am
GloryofGreece wrote:

Who do you mimic?
Typo dude come on now. III is the best.

As far as mimic you tell me besides Jones who you do as well?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ren%C3%A9 ... tic_desire
Lost Ark was the best but Last Crusade kept it together at least. People are too movie-sophisticated for IJ anymore.

p.s. I asked you first.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:49 am

Amelioration of my mentors and family. Like most people.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:54 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:49 am
Amelioration of my mentors and family. Like most people.
Amelioration? Dude, you've lost me.

I dress up like IJ. Every day for me is Halloween.