Jordan Peterson

Fife

Re: Jordan Peterson

Post by Fife » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:54 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:44 am
Fife wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:35 am
Has JP commented on Dostoevsky? Seems like a natural.
Of course.
Now that's a talk I'd like to see on video. Any leads?

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:39 pm

Fife wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:54 am
Martin Hash wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:44 am
Fife wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:35 am
Has JP commented on Dostoevsky? Seems like a natural.
Of course.
Now that's a talk I'd like to see on video. Any leads?

Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:51 pm

queued up, thx sir

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:23 pm

Its bothered me immensely that Peterson hypes Dostoevsky and very rarely mentions Tolstoy. Leo Tolstoy is the King and its not even close. Pfft

Better novels and short stories. And more prolific. Plus biographically he's more interesting as well. :whistle:
The good, the true, & the beautiful

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:37 pm

What's for breakfast Leo

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:38 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:23 pm
Its bothered me immensely that Peterson hypes Dostoevsky and very rarely mentions Tolstoy. Leo Tolstoy is the King and its not even close. Pfft

Better novels and short stories. And more prolific. Plus biographically he's more interesting as well. :whistle:
This. If you haven't finished War and Peace yet, dont @ me

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:26 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:38 pm
GloryofGreece wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:23 pm

This. If you haven't finished War and Peace yet, dont @ me
That was sarcastic, wasn't it? :cry:
The good, the true, & the beautiful

TheAmericanNomad

Post by TheAmericanNomad » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:07 am

Peterson is alright by me. Certainly not the Nazi or whatever prerogative the regressive left likes to label him as. I do think he is a bit too obvious at times, that he says a lot without saying anything of substance. "Oh, will cleaning my room put me in a better mood and make me more productive in life? Yeah, thanks, I was taught that when I was five." But, probably, some people DO need to be told that shit, so overall I'd bet he is doing some good work.

I disagree with his assertion that we should all be working towards the nuclear family. I think free sex and all that shit is great. The part where I'd think we agree on though, is that if you have a kid, its time to man up and stop all that shit and be in the kid's life.

But his assertion that only monogamous societies are successful is dubious to me. Another system hasn't been tried since ancient times, so it's pretty hard to judge. He says it always fails, I simply say it might always fail but there isn't enough data to determine that at this time.

And in any case, I think there are entirely too many people in this world to begin with, any daytime drive on I-66 can show you that, so if some people want to take themselves out the system by dropping the whole "2.5 kids and a white picket fence" system, I'm all for it.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:34 am

Agree on those Peterson observations.

My support of Peterson stems from his bravery to resist The Matriarchy, and his success in doing so. When I'm famous, I'll take over the helm from Peterson.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:01 am

TheAmericanNomad wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:07 am
Peterson is alright by me. Certainly not the Nazi or whatever prerogative the regressive left likes to label him as. I do think he is a bit too obvious at times, that he says a lot without saying anything of substance. "Oh, will cleaning my room put me in a better mood and make me more productive in life? Yeah, thanks, I was taught that when I was five." But, probably, some people DO need to be told that shit, so overall I'd bet he is doing some good work.

I disagree with his assertion that we should all be working towards the nuclear family. I think free sex and all that shit is great. The part where I'd think we agree on though, is that if you have a kid, its time to man up and stop all that shit and be in the kid's life.

But his assertion that only monogamous societies are successful is dubious to me. Another system hasn't been tried since ancient times, so it's pretty hard to judge. He says it always fails, I simply say it might always fail but there isn't enough data to determine that at this time.

And in any case, I think there are entirely too many people in this world to begin with, any daytime drive on I-66 can show you that, so if some people want to take themselves out the system by dropping the whole "2.5 kids and a white picket fence" system, I'm all for it.

Lots of evidence that world popultation will peak at anout 11B and declIne frome there - someone on here posted a link tona book about it, and I posted a presentation to the same somehwere on these boards.