Re: Shark Tank

Post by MilSpecs » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:54 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:21 pm
MilSpecs wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:11 pm
Martin Hash wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:01 pm
When you try and promote yourself (because nobody else will), are you accused of being an egomaniac & narcissist?
You have to look at these as positive attributes and sell people on them.
I haven’t noticed it working for you. Just sayin’...
I don’t have to here. It’s why this place and you lot hold a unique place in my heart.
:royalty-queen:

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:00 pm

brewster wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:41 pm
Martin Hash wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:18 pm
You need to get better at it, you come across as an egomaniac & narcissist. Just sayin’...
Why so sharp Hash? You've been hangin with the assholes on this site too long.
Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:21 pm
I did the food on a documentary about spies a month or so ago.
There was a big stink one day because the first AD fell out with the director, storming off saying he wasn't going to work with that cunt again.
We knew them both and agreed with his description. The director was an irritating twat every time he came for food.
Thing is, the first is a really nice chap and always happy and cracking jokes. The director was a miserable git who felt he was really special.
The AD is on the film we are on next week and the director is unlikely to work for this production company again.
Both are young guys in their 20's or early 30's. I know which one is most likely to succeed in the industry.
The days are long in film making, no one wants to work with someone who is such a pain in the arse so even though the director outranked the first AD it was him that lost work over it and the AD suffered no penalty for walking out.
Yup, film crews are like a family that you get to choose whether to join. It can get pretty intense working very long days. When someone is annoying it can get unbearable.
You have to have exceptional talent to survive if you are a dick.
My partner has been doing it for nearly 40 years and the one guy he really fell out with was Richard Attenborough (on A Bridge Too Far or Gandhi I think).
Attenborough was always breaking late for meals. The last straw was when he broke 4 hrs late for lunch. The food was ruined and he made a huge fuss about it. Peter (my colleague) lost his rag and told him that the food was perfect at the time it was supposed to be served and that if he did his job properly the food wouldn't be ruined every day.
Peter was off the job the next day (with only one week of filming left) and production had to find new caterers overnight.
Last edited by Montegriffo on Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:01 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:46 pm
brewster wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:41 pm
Martin Hash wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:18 pm
You need to get better at it, you come across as an egomaniac & narcissist. Just sayin’...
Why so sharp Hash? You've been hangin with the assholes on this site too long.
It was a setup.

This whole thread, including the original post, is a troll of epic proportions. The whole Shark Tank thing, all that work, was what makes it so epic. I should be famous just for these fabulous trolls, and I do even better on Facebook.
I've got a longterm troll going on Facebook where I describe the "Virtual Civil War" (my term, never seen anybody else use it that was not derived from me), and how the solution is technology; our iPhones tell us what stores we can go into: Democrat, Republican, etc.; and we have our own elected officials and laws; we live as multiple different societies on the same piece of ground. No one has caught on yet.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:10 pm

Stazma The Junglechrist ‎– Virtual Civil War (from 2011)
https://peaceoff.bandcamp.com/album/virtual-civil-war

2004 Essay - Democratic Evolution or Virtual Civil War
http://www.publicus.net/articles/democr ... ution.html
Last edited by Montegriffo on Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:12 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:10 pm
That will make great background music at my inauguration as fuhrer.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:14 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:12 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:10 pm
That will make great background music at my inauguration as fuhrer.
Yeah, I reckon its right up Nuke's street.
Just noise to me though.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:17 pm

Halt and Catch Fire, that's a really good show, great ending too. Seems like brewster meant the comparison to Joe McMillian as an insult, but Hash doesn't share most of Joe's worst attributes, and shares some his best attributes, so it seems more a compliment to me. Jack of all trades, jumping from one thing to the next, never satisfied doing the same thing for very long, helping to drive him to success, without the self-destructive other side of the coin. Yup, that's actually a compliment whether brewster realizes it or not.
*yip*

brewster

Post by brewster » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:51 pm

StCapps wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:17 pm
Halt and Catch Fire, that's a really good show, great ending too. Seems like brewster meant the comparison to Joe McMillian as an insult, but Hash doesn't share most of Joe's worst attributes, and shares some his best attributes, so it seems more a compliment to me. Jack of all trades, jumping from one thing to the next, never satisfied doing the same thing for very long, helping to drive him to success, without the self-destructive other side of the coin. Yup, that's actually a compliment whether brewster realizes it or not.
I wasn't comparing Hash at all, Hash is under the mistaken impression that the thread was still about him and his troll after a few posts. It became far more abstract discussion about successful personalities. Hash as I understand it got most of his degrees after becoming wealthy so your comparison isn't really there. Wealthy people and companies have to try so much harder to fail. Most failures come from not enough capital to make your ideas work or buy time to gain market share. Just look at MS, Gates made one great deal licensing DOS that created the cash to save himself again and again.

I'm fully cognizant that Joe was a complex character with both great virtues and faults. That's what made both him and the show great. But those people are hell to work with! As in the show, they'll destroy you whether or not they're successful. I sat in that Disney meeting while my client and a newly graduated EE told grizzled old Imagineers they would build a digital motion control system from scratch in 6 weeks. He fell flat on his face with that and the rest of the huge job he took on that his company couldn't scale fast enough for. Last time I worked for him.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:01 pm

I got 4 degrees (BSEE, MBA, MSE, PhD Computer Science) before and 3 after (MS Medicine, MD, JD)

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:42 pm

My house got 68 degrees.
Ponder that.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"