Facebook Friends

Martin Hash

Re: Facebook Friends

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:15 pm

Yes, I’d like to do at least one Standup set. I started on the routine years ago, before my novel even.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:21 pm

Martin Hash wrote:Yes, I’d like to do at least one Standup set. I started on the routine years ago, before my novel even.
You must be getting low down on that bucket list by now.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:41 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:Yes, I’d like to do at least one Standup set. I started on the routine years ago, before my novel even.
You must be getting low down on that bucket list by now.
I can hold an audience now for about 10 minutes, just need to triple that.

My "bucket list" was in the form of achieving Renaissance Mynhood for the past few decades but I finished that up. Now I'm doing things that are going to require fame: novel, comedy, podcast & politics.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:45 pm

Looking forward to hearing your stand up routine. Have you recorded anything we could listen to?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:47 pm

Montegriffo wrote:Looking forward to hearing your stand up routine. Have you recorded anything we could listen to?
Not yet. Probably get to it at the end of the year after I finish recording the 3rd season of PRay TeLL.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:51 pm

End of the year? Who do you think you are, Dan Carlin?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:54 pm

Montegriffo wrote:End of the year? Who do you think you are, Dan Carlin?
Dan Carlin has already achieved his fame.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:39 pm

Martin Hash wrote: Now I'm doing things that are going to require fame: novel, comedy, podcast & politics.
A better way of thinking of it is that these things may earn you fame.
Some people earn their fame through something else... and then cash in on that fame with a novel.
Given that you're not famous yet... your fame will have to come from the quality of your novel, your comedy or your politics... or some combination of the above.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:49 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Martin Hash wrote: Now I'm doing things that are going to require fame: novel, comedy, podcast & politics.
A better way of thinking of it is that these things may earn you fame.
Some people earn their fame through something else... and then cash in on that fame with a novel.
Given that you're not famous yet... your fame will have to come from the quality of your novel, your comedy or your politics... or some combination of the above.
I think you need to go back and relisten to my "Life is a Lucktocracy" podcasts...

Fame & wealth are not "earned:" anybody can win the lottery or have a meteor land on their car, and 10,000 people could do any job if they just flipped-heads-ten-times-in-a-row like the guy who got the job. There are 10,000 novels as good as anything written by Stephen King, and 10,000 people as funny as Seinfeld.

p.s. Accomplishment is the opposite of fame & wealth in that respect because accomplishment is earned: everybody who completes the steps to become a doctor becomes a doctor.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:57 pm

Right place, right time...

But you can't really control that.

All you can do is put out a good product and hope you are at the right place and at the right time....

The other thing you can do is know how to read the times... and know what the times calls for.

But that is a rare talent.