My Dad Died

Martin Hash

My Dad Died

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:33 pm

My wife, Gwynne, and I planned to go to CA less than a month ago. I told her we couldn’t leave until I published my new book which was dedicated to my dad, Dale, in case he passed away while we were gone. She thought I was being controlling but I insisted, and I published on a Sunday after working 2 days straight so we could leave the next morning. My dad didn't die while we were gone. Last Thursday he drove over to my house (a scary thing, my 84-yo dad driving), b/c he’d finished reading the book so we could talk about it. We made arrangements to see my old Junior High friend, Brian Burger, who was coming up to visit the next day. My dad has known him for over 50 years. We settled on Sunday b/c Friday Brian & I were going to see “Five Finger Death Punch,” and on Saturday we were hosting a birthday party @ my house with 150 people & a live band.

The night of the party Gwynne said, “Your dad isn’t coming over tomorrow.” I asked why and she looked at me for a while before saying, “I’ll tell you tomorrow.” It was a great party, a joyous party; the birthday boy, our saxophone-playing friend, Loren, said it was the best party he’d ever had. The next morning, Gwynne told me my dad had died the previous night in bed with his girlfriend watching a movie, his favorite thing in life. He felt nothing: his heart went out, something I knew about, which was why I wanted to finish the book no matter what. It’s hard not to believe in fate. Dale is survived by his two great grandchildren, Felix & Nico, and some other people, one being me.

Pop with Felix.jpg
Pop with Nico.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Haumana

Re: My Dad Died

Post by Haumana » Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:52 pm

Sorry to hear that. Nice that you guys got to shoot the shit over your latest book though.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:20 am

Sorry for your loss, man. Thats a terrible thing to hear, no matter when it happens.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:23 am

Sorry for your loss.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:44 am

Sorry to hear that, best wishes to you and the fam.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

apeman

Post by apeman » Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:51 am

So sorry Martin

I’ll pray for him

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:21 am

I'm sorry to hear about your loss, Martin. Your internet buddies are with you.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:44 am

Sorry for your loss, but you have lived a long happy life and he got to witness so much of it, I hope my father lives that long.

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:29 am

Respects

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:53 am

My deepest sympathies to you and your family, Martin.

Nice to hear he went in a good way.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck